MOTORSPORT GAMES COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF STUDIO 397

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
MIAMI, FL — May 5, 2021 — Motorsport Games Inc. (NASDAQ: MSGM) (“Motorsport Games”), a leading racing game developer, publisher and esports ecosystem provider of official motorsport racing series throughout the world, today announced that it closed at the end of April 2021 the previously announced acquisition of Studio 397, the company behind the industry leading racing simulation platform, rFactor 2. Studio 397 will maintain its brand and name while continuing to develop the rFactor 2 platform, as well as working on other Motorsport Games titles.

This acquisition cements the long-term relationship formed between Motorsport Games and Studio 397. For over a year, the Netherlands-based developer has been providing its expertise in vehicle physics, tire modeling and AI for Motorsport Games’ upcoming reboot of the NASCAR video game franchise, due for release later in 2021. Studio 397 will also be central to the development of Motorsport Games’ forthcoming titles based upon licenses including the British Touring Car Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

“The acquisition of Studio 397 is a significant advancement for us that we expect will help to deliver further value in our products,” said Dmitry Kozko, Chief Executive Officer of Motorsport Games. “We have boosted and diversified our product portfolio with the addition of the market leading rFactor 2 simulation platform, while at the same time added substantial video game development expertise and capabilities to our growing team.”

“Studio 397 shares our same passions for virtual racing and creating the best possible driving experiences for our players,” said Stephen Hood, President of Motorsport Games. “We originally chose to work with them on our new NASCAR game franchise to bring top class elements to the titles, as rFactor 2 has the best vehicle physics, AI and tire model available today. Therefore, when the opportunity arose to bring them into the Motorsport Games family, it made perfect sense to all parties.”

“We are delighted to become a part of the Motorsport Games family,” said Marcel Offermans, Director of Studio for Studio 397. “We remain committed to growing the rFactor 2 platform, as well as providing the base for the simulation components in all future Motorsport Games titles.”

In addition to game development, the acquisition of Studio 397 is expected to also positively impact Motorsport Games’ esports offerings. The incredibly successful 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual race and the Formula E Race at Home Challenge – both of which were operated by Motorsport Games – each raced using rFactor 2, which will now be the platform of choice for future esports events and projects.

If S397 and MSG release multiple titles does this not make rF slightly redundant? Surely one of the attractions of rF is multi series? For example as its so GT based will the le mans game not make it somewhat obsolete or a competitor of its own title?

Vilmos Vas

Premium
This is the first time in ages that I'm eagerly waiting for the next official NASCAR title.
I knew about the BTCC game but the Le Mans title is new to me. An official WEC game with rF2 tech under the hood (hopefully without its clumsyness) is a dream come true for me.

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I was optimistic when Motorsport Games (MSGM) acquired S397 and announced the S397 team and rFactor2 would get the resources to continue their development. MSGM is now trading at $1.38 down from $35.00 just 15 months earlier. Pair that with the debacle that is Nascar Ignition as well as analysts lowering target prices to around $5.00 and saying things are looking bad and predicting they could get worse for the eSport hopeful.
Would MSGM look to sell off rF2, or perhaps the folks at S397 be able to purchase it back at a discount, hopefully. Either way here's to hoping rFactor2 can get a good home if MSGM does flame out.

Without S397 basing the evolution of rF2 on the priorities I would have liked, and without the developments of rF2 being quick, it is undeniable that S397 is constantly improving and taking a good path SINCE 2 YEARS (even if as a boss of S397 I would have focused on other priorities).

For me, rF2 is starting to be really good, overall very satisfactory, and we can expect without too much doubt that in April (or in May I don't know anymore) rF2 will cross a new gap.

I am very positive.

If you do offline, I highly recommend this (about 50 wonderful races done in the last 6 or 7 weeks) [change EVERYTHING FOR ME] :

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • €3001-5000