MotoGP 42 races in 2023

MotoGP will run a sprint race on Saturday for every round.
As always opinions are divided up and down the paddock.

For mine the big plus is you get 2 bites of the cherry.
Delaminated tyre or crash no fault of your own in Race 1 your weekend is not over.

No thanks. With the idiotic number of races and stuff, you have to prioritize what to watch. Instead of watching F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, WRC, WRX, WEC, MotoGP etc. etc.
It's just not possible to spend that much time, so skipping Moto GP, 2, 3 in total frees up some time.

The thought of this happening eventually has crossed my mind before. Many sprint (<1 hour) racing series around the world have a multi race format, including MotoGP's most direct comparison in World Superbikes. In retrospect, the reason why it hadn't happened in MotoGP sooner was the long standing concept that a "Grand Prix" is a singular race on Sunday, but F1 trialling the sprint format opened up pandora's box on that.

From a simple business perspective, the idea of having a main category race on Saturday and also making Friday more meaningful is something every organiser naturally wants, and with MotoGP going all in on the Saturday sprint, I would not be surprised if F1 now pushes to make their sprint format the default format used in every round also.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.