motion sickness after 1.5 update?

Hi, thought I would try AMS2 again after 1.5 update, don't know what reiza has done, but now I get motion sickness. Never had a problem before. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

Are you playing in VR or flatscreen? You might try disabling high speed head shake and use legacy head movment. I'd look at alsao reducing g force settings in all the axis too as this should stop the camera from shifting too much if your on flat screens

If your in VR, it could be your frame rates.
The last build included the addition of RX which brought loose surface particles and uses more resources for both dirt and road racing.

Check your frame rates, try lowering particle density settings to start.

Last edited:
I use a 49in ultra wide. Tried messing around with various setting, no different. Thanks for the help but decided to give up AMS2 again, I still find it too slidy with cars that have low downforce.

Update, gave it another try with no on screen steering wheel. Seems to have solved the problem. In fact, for me, it feels a whole lot better this way as I can sense what the car is doing more now. Think I will never run any sim again with the animated steering wheel!

Last edited:
It's all personal preference, but for me I find it very odd running an in-game steering wheel on a flat screen when my wheel is in front of a virtual on.

I only use the virtual wheel in VR and replays.

Yes it does seem odd now, effectively having two steering wheels. However, I now have narrowed the motion problem down to the fact that AMS2 driver's view keeps moving up and down. Other sims it is fixed. I find this very odd. Way they do this I don't know it seems most un-natural to me.

You need to adjust the view settings regarding motion to suit your needs. You can lock the view to car or horizon or somewhere in between. It's a holdover from P Cars and the amount of complaints about the shakey cam go back to the initial release, and they have sorted it to a degree. By turning legacy on (to 1) and putting the percentage figure to 0 or very low, you lock the view to car - the world shakes with motion forces. 100 will lock to horizon - the car shakes. Turning legacy off and adjusting the percentage figure smooths out the bumps and shaking. It's not perfect, but all games do this to some degree, rf2 for instance, is really hard to dial out all the camera movement even with everything zeroed out.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 144 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 34.7%