Motec: No brakes data?

Hello everyone,

I played around with Motec, but there is no brake data, also the steering wheel animation doesn't move. Is that normal or do I have miconfigured something?

Versions:
- GTR2 with GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_v15_2_0
- GTR2_HQ_MODS_COLLECTION_v15_0_0
- Car: Saleen S7R (not HQ, the original)
- Motec: MoTeC-i2-Pro-1.0.21.0030-August2013 (from the HQ Patch)
- Track: Brno 2004
- in userdata/USER.PLR: Data Acquisition Version="0"

Attachments

• braking.png
    braking.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 155
Same issue here. No brake date, no complete tire temp data, noe steering inpout data. i am not using crew chief plugin, i use mxd+map plugin. Solution?

just tested with hq vanilla game from hq patch 15.8.2 and the motec software provided in motec folder and spad motec project provided too in hq patch : look at screenshot it works !
I think you use either wrong motec software version (only v1 is compatible with gtr2), or wrong project sheet, my advice is to use only what is included in hq anniversary patch : everything is here so you need nothing else ! ...well except CrewChief plugin which is not included because it is updated a lot more often than hq patch (you do not need crewchief to make work the motec though).

Attachments

• motec_hqvanilla.jpg
    motec_hqvanilla.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
i have the same motec version as you and as included in the HQ Anniversary patch (V1.0.021.0030) and the project sheet that i created is "curcuit". However many of the data is missing, for example front right tyres it only shows inner and outer temp but not middle temp. On the front left tyre it shows all 3 temps, rear tyre temps are completely miossing (n/a) and so on...
I seem to have quit some issues with my gtr2 not running properly. But i enjoy the game more than asetto corsa so i wanne keep grinding to solve those issues. thanks man

Last edited:
First off the Motec software does not use the plugin.
You also need to set Shared memory write = 1 in the .plr file if I recall right?

Would think you need to use the NoCd version of Gtr2.exe as that is the one it is design for.
Have not used it for very long time but it does work which also Gtr233 info tells you.

As an alternative to Motec try 'Second Monitor" on Sector 3 forum.
it uses the plugin so works with both versions of gtr2.
It does need a second monitor but kind of an instant Motec that you ca also log data from

i deleted Motec and installed new (from the HQ Anniversary patch where it is included), same problem...
Shared memory write=1 is set. Strange

i think it has to do with settings inside Motoec Softwar, when i click to channels on the left side i have all the data logged, like steering angle and rear tyre temps, howver it don´t show in the graph

complöicated..here is a screenshot
Screenshot 2021-12-24 150440.png

here is another example, on the right side in that list you can see the data, but in other sections it is not available

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-24 150830.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-24 150830.png
    711.1 KB · Views: 49
run motec software
click open existing project
go in gtr2\motec\spad motec project
open project.mtcprj
now click on yellow folder icon on top left
open any log in gtr2\motec\logged data (you must have run at least 2 full laps with motec data enabled in menu or plr)

and all pages from spad project are working with hq cars

Last edited:
i did what you instructed. what is the point you are trying to explain, what is the goal?

I may be too stupid to understand the motec software. Is it possible that it logged all the data and it is just set up incorrectly in the channels? look on the right, all the data seems to there, doesn´t it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-24 235433.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-24 235433.png
    638.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
what do you mean by "motec data enabled in meu or plr"?
and what do you mean by "all pages from spad project are working with hq cars"?

Last edited:
here is a screenshot from a 55min race i did in magny cours. in the graph there is not all tyre temps shown. on the right side menu (time/distance graph) some tyre temp data is n/a, but on the menu below (logged) i can select those that seem to be missing.
However it shows it then all together in the first graph. I absolutely do not understand what is going on here, do i actually get the data logged and it is just some kind of graphs setting or is motec somehting actually not logging?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-25 001124.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 001124.png
    753.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot 2021-12-25 001425.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 001425.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
which car(s) do you use for that example ?
I know that some 3rd party mods do not work with motec software.

On my side I have made a 10 laps race with hq vanilla cars only and I have all the temps on the right panel : I do not see N/A as on your screenshot.

Did you enable autopilot during race ? Because autopilot disables tyres data log.

thx for keep replying

now it is getting more interesting:
the car i used is hq ferrari f550 but i tried with different cars.

Now look again at the first screenshot i uploaded, in group 2 of the graph the tyre temps for the rear tyres are missing, but on the right panel in motec software you can see those missing data (the tyre temps). They are actually listed right there.

Now look on the second screenshot what i have done there:
I have figured out how to configure the graphs to my needs. right click on properties on the graph and i can add groups and select the channels i want to have shown in each graph. i have done that in the second graph and ordered alle the tyre temps (with different coloration for inner,center, outer temps).
So i am guessing all the drama was unnecessary and the data is actually logged by motec, it just wasn´t displayed and conigured right. Or am i missing somehting?

Screenshot 3:
Same with the gauges (steering angle etc. On any display, graph or gauge i can configure the channelit is supposed to show by selecting from the channel menu where the logged values are actually there.

Screenshot 4 is for illustration on confirmation of my thoughts: alle the data seems to be there, or is anything missing here?
I hope you understand my concern :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-25 104806.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 104806.png
    644.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2021-12-25 105650.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 105650.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2021-12-25 111113.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 111113.png
    727.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2021-12-25 111708.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-25 111708.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
Just the brake temps are not listed in motec, is that something that is even beeing logged? i guess it should because it is data that is shown ingame...

I have opened the logged data file generated by gtr2 (*.ld in gtr2\motec\logged data) in notepad++ to see what kind of data where logged and you are right : no brake temp so motec software just cannot display them. In 15 years I have never paid attention to that : as brake temp are displayed in game on lcd I assumed it was exported in logged file as other data but no.

Maybe @The Iron Wolf will be able in the future to add brake temp to logged data via his CrewChief plugin but at the moment, indeed there is no brake temperatures in motec software.

wow, that is very interesting, thx though.
does anyone know how to overlay different laps to show differences for a slower and faster lap?!
how can you compare different laps from the same log file in an overlay?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%