More H pattern issues

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Hello all. I managed to get my Shh shifter working with AMS2 a while back (I switched the wheel type from fanatec to custom and it started to recognise the inputs).

However, since the latest update, the SHH shifter is not being recognised, even if I switch the wheel type to custom. I tried it in Fanatec mode, and no joy there either.

Has anyone managed to get it working? The madness engine input system really is odd and does not like multiple controllers. I would use joy2key, but I have used up all the alphabet and numbers on my various button boxes.

Mine works without issues and never had any, SSH2. It's just a generic USB device after all.

Is the shifter recognized in Windows, and do neither the sequential nor the H-Pattern "buttons" work in AMS2?

Mine works without issues and never had any, SSH2. It's just a generic USB device after all.

Is the shifter recognized in Windows, and do neither the sequential nor the H-Pattern "buttons" work in AMS2?

Hey @Gevatter. The shifter is recognised by windows and works absolutely fine in RF2 and AC. It is simply not recognised at all in AMS2. I had this problem before and fixed it by changing the controller profile to "custom" rather than "fanatec" and it worked fine. But no more since the recent update.

It isn't recognised in both sequential and H pattern mode. Very odd...

Maybe AMS2 has a maximum number of controllers it can recognize? AMS1 had max. 6 controllers, but that was another engine. No idea if that is even still a thing in Madness. How many seperate controllers do you have connected?

Okay, so I fixed it, but in a very odd way!

I deleted the default controller setup files and then unplugged the SHH shifter and started the game.

I set the CSW2.5 up as "custom wheel" and then went into edit assignments.

At that point, I plugged in the SHH shifter and the inputs were recognised!

I have no idea why it worked, but it did. So halleluiah!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%