Mod tracks issue

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I discovered the AMS2 content manager recently and I installed a few tracks.
Fuji, Brno, Sonoma, Sugo, Azure coast.
I am very disappointed, as the graphics are not looking good at all. some white blocks instead of building or even some weird white forms here and there.
Is there an issue on my end I should attend or is it the same for every one?

One very positive point is that CM AMS2 makes them very easy to install and as easy to un install.;)

To avoid creating a new post, can I use this one? Because it's the same track. When I add practice or qualify, this happens.. I tried to reinstall and this small error persists. It is possible to play, without adding training and qualification, going straight to the race.
(I had to edit the image to be smaller so I could post it here)

Automobilista 2_2023.11.03-19.46.jpg

Most of the mod tracks has some sort of issues like closed garaged doors, jumping AI cars, slow AI or wrong cut corridors. As i understand this issues cant be fixed by now.

Hi, hoping that someone can help me. I have all the tracks from the projectcarsmoddingteam, and they all work, except for COTA, which crashes the game during loading, when going from the main menu to the session screen.
I have already uninstalled all other mods, re-downloaded the mod, the content manager, the trees, verified the game files, tried different cars, different game modes, tried both VR and pancake mode, but it keeps crashing.
What makes it utterly bizarre, is that in Time Trial mode it does work, which would be the last thing I expected.
I'm seeing Youtube video's of people driving the track in single race, so quite sure the issue must be on my side, but ran out of ideas what else I can try.

Any ideas here what could be the problem / what else I can try?

update: nevermind, it turns out that COTA only works on the default date, not on a custom or current date. That also nicely explains why it did work in Time Trial!

Last edited:
Hello my friend asking for help.

I know this doesn't help you now.
Why do you install mods that you can read about causing problems?
Even installing additional things so that the mod runs is borderline.
I'm not talking about apps like Content Manager or SOL for AC.
You don't necessarily need these things to play with mods.
But you have to install the trees for playing a Modtrack in AMS2.
Thanks to my own Assetto Corsa experience, I stopped installing any conversions and that's exactly what these routes are.
Especially when problems are specifically pointed out, as in the case of race tracks.
Believe an old VC-20 user, you don't have to own every mod.
First ask yourself, will I actually use the vehicle?
Nobody drives everything.
Will I ever spend more than a few test laps on this circuit?
Research any problems with this mod. Nothing is more annoying than a complete reinstallation because a damn problematic mod or an incompetent modder ruined everything. And last but not least, before installing anything third-party,
make a complete backup.
When it comes to modding, AMS2 goes into depth because it changes files and if you don't really structure it and work cleanly, things will go wrong.
This avoids this “I installed something and now nothing works” problem and the resulting message in the forum.
Don't misunderstand.
Many mods that I got to know through AC are absolutely top class.
In AMS2 I only use two mod vehicles. Ferrari F40 and Porsche 959.
Reminds me of my Test Drive - The Duel - time on the Amiga.
On the other hand, many mods have been slapped down absolutely underground and a very small number will destroy your game. That's why I research before installing the mod.
In the case of AMS2 track mods, very simple.
The problems are on the website.

I wish you a peaceful and contemplative Christmas with your loved ones from Hamburg

J.J. McClure

Not sure if you were replying to me specifically, but I download and install mods because I love the content. Bannochbrae, Sugo and Cota are some of my favorite tracks from PC2 that aren't in AMS2, and I miss driving them. Too bad there are some limitations to them, like track limits not working and Cota only drivable in summer. But - for me - that's a small price to pay.

I rarely install mod cars, because frankly AMS2 already has so many different classes that I don't need them, and the feel is usually a bit less than official content. But I can imagine some people love a certain brand or class, like 80'ies supercars, so much that they are willing to accept that to be able to drive those cars. Good for them. For everyone that balance between the downsides and upsides is different, let each do his/her own thing.

But if the best advice you have to people who have a problem with a certain mod is "don't run it", then maybe that topic is not for you and you could maybe skip reading and replying to it. Saves us all some time better spend racing the cars and tracks we love ;)

Hello.
I don't want to start a petty war over this.
As someone who has been installing mods for a long time, creating mods and publishing them for Medal of Honor, Silent Hunter 3, GT Legends, European Air War, Grand Prix 2, among others, the statement I made is not that unreasonable.
But and i hope you will grant me this, nothing is more annoying than when a mod destroys the game. leads to problems with the game.
I don't want to start talking about the fact that the mod will affect any other functions of the game. Such mods are, in my eyes, bad mods.
Mods are additions that bring additional things into the game and do not cause the size of the game to shrink. As in the case of race tracks. So if a race on a race track is not possible because this and that doesn't work but it works on other tracks, then why install this track?
I welcome every new mod, but if there is a notice on the website that this mod doesn't work properly, alarm bells ring out for me with at least 400 decibels.
Look for example Assetto Corsa or other mod-friendly games.
Thousands of mods for shaders, cars, race tracks.
Mods of the highest quality, mods of medium quality and mods with the rating just keep your hands off them. Thousands of the same posts about some of the same mods.
This or that route, car, app destroys my game.
Well, part of the problem is in front of the monitor.
I went to the Altbierbude for years. There were over 3,000 vehicles and over 1,000 race tracks and new ones were added almost every day. If you wanted to drive online, you had to install everything because it could happen that someone would choose this one botched car at some point. The special pink one with the Hello Kitty sticker that was never taken also had to be installed, otherwise the opponents wouldn't see you.
At some point, racing cars began to be checked and people could take part to see whether they correspond to the original GT Legends standards.
What can I say, very few of the vehicles met SimBin's standards.
When they started inspecting the vehicle before publishing, what do you think happened? Exactly, there were significantly fewer because the data was sent back to the creator with the information that this or that doesn't work, that this paint job already exists, etc.
These people realized that it wasn't just enough to slap on a new paint job every day, they had to adhere to standards. Then I got out at some point. It just became too much.
After all, I have another life.
That's why I say "don't install such mods" when problems are already pointed out. If the modder notices that his mod is not being installed, he has to revise it until it meets the standard or he has to admit that he can't do it, which might sound a bit harsh now.
For exactly this reason, I'm not publishing the mod I'm working on yet or I'm just giving it out to friends for testing purposes and only when it fits 100% into the game without any problems will it possibly be published.
Of course I could publish it as V0.000001 Gammatest and in 10 years it fits, charge money for it, offer it as a monthly subscription or do something else with it.
Which is not in keeping with the spirit of modding at all.
But why should I do something like that if my personal demands on mods are not even met by the mod I created myself?
But maybe people have no demands and just want to have everything.
Whether the quality is right or not. Maybe you now understand my statement.
Everyone should install whatever they want, but if problems are already pointed out, then live with the restrictions, don't install this mod or contact the modder.
Unfortunately I had to go into a little more detail about this, but maybe you understand the sentence.

I wish you a peaceful and contemplative Christmas with your loved ones
from sunny Hamburg

J.J.

Yeah, I get your point, but now you have just used more words to say "don't have fun with mods that are not perfect", while I say these mods are great fun to use, and worth the trouble for me. Come on, those 80'ies supercars (Porsche 959 and F40) are not perfect by a long shot, still you drive them while most people don't so you can't use them in multiplay either.

Those PC2 converted tracks are not perfect either, but if you know how to use them they're a lot of fun and don't break the game in any other way. So don't pretend they're terrible and don't tell people asking for help to not use them, because that is not very helpfull.

Enjoy the holidays with the cars and tracks you like, and leave the rest to the people who enjoy them, despite their flaws. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%