Melkus MT77

Cars Melkus MT77 1.2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
jurik1984 submitted a new resource:

Melkus MT77 - DDR Formula Easter (F-1300) car by zizhgames.ru

The MT 77 racing car was designed and built in 1977 by Ulli Melkus and Hartmut Thaßler (M means Melkus and T for Thaßler).

It was the most massive and basic race car of the GDR in the Friendship Cup from 1977 to 1990. Ulli Melkus won 5 championship titles in the Friendship Cup on this car (1978, 1980, 1983-1985).

Click here if you'd like to donate something for our work:...

Read more about this resource...

@jurik1984 I just downloaded one of your cars for the first time, was really surprised to find a custom driver with the car :) Seeing how you modelled the whole drivetrain even tho its hidden beneath the bodywork shows how much you care, really like it :thumbsup:

But looking at the car in Content Manager, I wonder why you left sunSpecular: 0 and sunSpecularEXP: 0 ? These two make a huge difference in realism IMO, Kunos uses sunSpecular: 12 and sunSpecularEXP: 1500 on its cars in general

also, try this body_spec.dds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eu6peyt2wvzkqy/body_spec.dds?dl=0

Last edited:
@jurik1984 I just downloaded one of your cars for the first time, was really surprised to find a custom driver with the car :) Seeing how you modelled the whole drivetrain even tho its hidden beneath the bodywork shows how much you care, really like it :thumbsup:

But looking at the car in Content Manager, I wonder why you left sunSpecular: 0 and sunSpecularEXP: 0 ? These two make a huge difference in realism IMO, Kunos uses sunSpecular: 12 and sunSpecularEXP: 1500 on its cars in general

also, try this body_spec.dds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eu6peyt2wvzkqy/body_spec.dds?dl=0
Thanks! I get shaders from Ferrari 312 T by Kunos. I'll try it. Thanks!

Soon... Guess, what is it?
UWFDL0_Kqkw.jpg

I really like this car! It reminds me of formula 3 cars, they accelerate, brake, and turn very fast, but they don't have a high top speed. The top speed doesn't matter though, because those other great factors make this car very fun to drive on most tracks. The great design on this car are the icing on the cake for this rather unheard of racer!

Just an FYI, I owned/raced a very similar car from the same era. Weight distribution should be further back, peak tyre grip around 20% less, direction change not as good and brakes at 70% should be enough to lock the wheels. View from the cockpit should also be lower. Otherwise good job.

Latest News

Back