Resource icon

Misc Melbourne Track Updated sponsor boards Beta Version 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Michael Sandee submitted a new resource:

Melbourne, Track Updated sponsor boards - Beta version 0.1

This will be the first of many track updates for F1 2018.
The versions will be in BETA because there might be improvements to the tracks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 3 files within the the rar file.
melbourne_2018.assetgroup
melbourne_2018
melbourne_sponsors_2018

Use rar to place them in the corrensponding folders.
melbourne_2018.assetgroup
melbourne_2018
D:\Program...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Hey mate, im trying to create a same kind of mod. Can you maybe explain how i can fix blurred sponsorboards ingame? I think i've done everything right but then ingame its blurred

Thank you

There you go ( Emirates is the one rest is all unchanged from your mod )

Attachments

• 20180908095403_1.jpg
    20180908095403_1.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 220
I don't know what happened but you have them in the right folder or else you wouldn't even see them. I made 2 screenshots of Shanghai, 1 close and 1 from a distance then you can see how mine look like. This was done on a low spec laptop:
Windows 8.1
i7-3630@240 GHZ
8 GB Ram
Geforce GT 650M
Not he fasted laptop but the textures look good.

I don't know what happened but you have them in the right folder or else you wouldn't even see them. I made 2 screenshots of Shanghai, 1 close and 1 from a distance then you can see how mine look like. This was done on a low spec laptop:
Windows 8.1
i7-3630@240 GHZ
8 GB Ram
Geforce GT 650M
Not he fasted laptop but the textures look good.

First of all thank you for the quick reply...two things come to my mind...
1st) Restore the orginal tracks folder and add one track at once testing it
2nd) I've add some other texture mod, like helmet and champagne...also in 2017 I've noticed that adding new textures sometimes make the game loading textures with some delay and other times you got them completely blurry (but not in low res like mine)

I've to try again, as beeing just a drag and drop installation there must be some other files\reasons that makes your mod not working.

@ Michael Sandee
Thanks for the track updates, since 1.06 patch are your tracks still compatible?
I got some random crashing in Australia.

I'm redoing the textures cause for some reason 1.6 doesn't like them. The next textures will be sharper as you can see in Shanghai. I'm also putting all the files in their own track folder to test if this will stop the random crashes. This year it seems to be harder to make the game work with extra files then the previous years.

No way...fresh install (checking file trought steam) and just the three files from your mod...as the original sponsor board (the f1 2018 black ones) looks in hd, the Heineken are like above...I'm running the game with patch 1.06..don't know what to do honestly

No way...fresh install (checking file trought steam) and just the three files from your mod...as the original sponsor board (the f1 2018 black ones) looks in hd, the Heineken are like above...I'm running the game with patch 1.06..don't know what to do honestly

I'll see if I can release the new Melbourne today and Shanghai. I'm currently working away from home so I don't have much time to work on them and test them. So far both work in Grand Prix and time trial. It seems to be a hit and miss this year with the game, if I don't do the extra file then you only have Heineken boards and that's already done by someone else.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 59.6%