Making a mod; got into a fight with setup: no extra TAB.

Hi guys,

As a hobby, I am making a mod and it should be a decent one. Decent enough to publish in the end.
It may take a while though; I need 3DSimed too and that one is 30 bucks; not starting that one in this household as the wife just lost her job ;)

Anyway; I need the differential to be changed in the setups......
Now I have no TAB saying "differential" and no matter what I do; it is not going to appear!
I looked at the Porsche 919 2016 LMP; this one does have the tab and so I took over the exact same lines from the drivetrain.ini and the setups.ini, just copy/paste: nothing!
I tried to get them into "generic" and other tabs; nope!

So......what am I missing here guys?

There must be a "difflock_gear" or "difflock_brake" multiplier left over from whatever car you are using as a reference. Delete both of those and the diff settings should show.

Last edited:
Ah, I get you, yes! No, I do have Blender and some other program too, but for some things I use 3DSimed as I can't get that done with others.
And off course; if I do have to use others work; it's going to be a private mod.

My car is not 4WD no, but those entry's should be good.
I did remove the data.acd.

Thanks!

Ah, I get you, yes! No, I do have Blender and some other program too, but for some things I use 3DSimed as I can't get that done with others.
And off course; if I do have to use others work; it's going to be a private mod.

My car is not 4WD no, but those entry's should be good.
I did remove the data.acd.

Thanks!
You should only need ksEditor and Blender (3dSimed is possibly the worst program to use for doing anything with AC)

Last edited:
Well it worked! Thank you Michael!!
Two outs were there and two entry's in a .ini file (can't remember which ones, but not the drivetrain.ini as I would suspect).

KSeditor; good one! Haven't looked into that one properly yet.
I remember from "the old days with rF2" that things like animations and rotations (or something that respect) I couldn't get it done in Blender and used 3DS.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%