Make car a bit lower

I am trying to figure out how to make a car lower to the ground. I wanted to change some fancy big wheels on one of the cars with something more "normal". As these replacement wheels are bit smaller, once I put them on the car there is a lot of space left around the new wheels inside the wheel arches. So, if I could make the body of the car a little bit lower, that would fix the extra space problem. So, if somebody could tell me what needs to be adjusted in order to make a car closer to the ground, that would be appreciated. Thanks..

Decreasing the restlen of the suspension will do it, too - that way the suspension stays mounted at the same spot, you're just shortening it.

That is, car.ini susp_front.restlen and susp_rear.restlen

You might have to change the minlen as well, also decreasing it. Otherwise it hits the bump stops.

And you could always rescale those wheels if you'd prefer. You could use Racer's modeler program for that :)

Well, might as well show what I was working on. I never personally liked the look of the original wheels on the Seat (plus brake pads were spinning together with the rims!!), so I wanted to change it. Of course, credit goes first to people that created the Seat and then to AMGfan as I "borrowed" wheels from one of his cars for my custom mod..

Attachments

• Altea_01.jpg
    Altea_01.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Altea_02.jpg
    Altea_02.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 302
Thx for this thread, want to see more like this one !

You are in luck! Here is one almost identical.. and I get to show off my personal Racer wiki ;)

Oh, and to stay on-topic, I agree, thanks for this thread! I really needed this info today!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 287

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering