rF2 Mak Corp Group C @ Monza '86 - Thu 10 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry for dropping out. It lost the profile for my peripherals whilst I was trying to do a quick practice lap (my steering and pedals just stopped working part way around the track), so I ended up trying to re-assign them whilst waiting on the grid. It also lost my steering calibration, so I was spinning the wheel like I was driving a bus. I didn't steer fast enough in a slow section and ended up parking it facing a barrier. Unfortunately, I forgot to assign reverse in my haste, so I tried to go back to the settings to sort it out but it wouldn't let me continue after that :(

Man, this was fun though. Old cars, old tracks. Amazing stuff. Really enjoyed myself. As I wrote in the server, should've won it, had the speed, but did a couple of dumb mistakes.

Great to see the trackpack getting some love, there's some gems here (and a couple of tracks with piss poor layout, but we can skip them).

Great to see the trackpack getting some love, there's some gems here
It definitely renewed my interest in rF2. I'm gutted I hit some technical issues, but the end result was somewhat self inflicted as I would have had plenty of time to resolve things if I hadn't tried to squeeze in another race. Are you planning on running more events with the pack?

It definitely renewed my interest in rF2. I'm gutted I hit some technical issues, but the end result was somewhat self inflicted as I would have had plenty of time to resolve things if I hadn't tried to squeeze in another race. Are you planning on running more events with the pack?

I guess Denis is ;P But I do have some wishes for special events on Fridays now and then, most of that would fit with this pack :)

That was a brilliant combination. The Sauber was crazy, hitting nearly 360kph if I tried really hard.
I commited really early to a low fuel strategy, after seeing how long it takes to refuel the cars.
If I ran Turbo boost 8, I would have had to two stop for a total of 150L added to them, but been able to do 33s or 34s all race. Boost 6 could have let me do a 100L pitstop, but I didn't think it would be worth doing the extra 70s of pitstop time over running all race at Boost level 1 for a 35s pitstop.
I went for the Boost 1 strat, but the Sauber was the wrong car for this plan. It makes all its laptime up in the straights, so by limiting top speed I was just throwing laptime away. I eventually scrapped it and went up to boost level 3 (which found me almost 2s a lap), but meant I was adding 20s of fuel to the pitstop to make it to the end.

However, that did work as I jumped about 4 cars once the pit window was over, but as I still had to fuel save I had no pace at the end and lost most of the time I had saved in the pits. However, I finished 10s ahead of Steve Le Gallez, which showed that the strat worked because I was about 15s behind him when he made his stop.

My strategy worked, although I feel like I would have had more fun blasting around at 350kph and accepting the long pitstop :confused:

Any chance we could do an old school LeMans with 1967 Ford GT and Ferraris? I jumped on a public server last week that had that combo, honestly was really good fun. If it is still up, I advise everyone to give it a try, even if it's just 15mins

My strategy worked, although I feel like I would have had more fun blasting around at 350kph and accepting the long pitstop :confused:

No guarantee for that. When I did my 0-stop LMP2 race a Friday quite some time ago, I found that more fun than pushing quali-style laps. The way I had to save fuel, drive fast and plan tactics while racing were insanely fun! :D

Any chance we could do an old school LeMans with 1967 Ford GT and Ferraris? I jumped on a public server last week that had that combo, honestly was really good fun. If it is still up, I advise everyone to give it a try, even if it's just 15mins
I know the combo you mean. Unfortunately I think the cars use 3d models ripped from Forza or something. We don't allow ripped content at RD, so I'm afraid they're not an option. :(

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 205 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 34.2%