mad gf and connet a wheel :)

You can try to power on the base without steering wheel, it is less noisy and the endstops wont suffer as much as with a wheel attached.
Put the wheel after calibration and ready to drive!

• Deleted member 197115

Ask her not to sit on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a girlfriend really more important than playing racing sims? OK, I understand, all these things like sexual needs or the need for intimacy, but still... we all should have some reasonable priorities in our lives!

OK, actually that's a good question, but I don't think that self test can be avoided in either way than simply leaving wheel plugged and PC always on... sounds like much more hassle than getting rid of a girlfriend. :(

• Deleted member 197115

Trading personal relationship for a game?
Only in nerds' world.

I remember T300 driving me mad with its loud ass calibration, it was a lot more quiet without steering wheel as alfye20 said (I mounted the steering wheel without securing it with this little screw, so the process was quicker). If I'm not mistaken, the wheel doesn't calibrate when you put your pc to sleep, instead of shutting it down each time.

Is a girlfriend really more important than playing racing sims? OK, I understand, all these things like sexual needs or the need for intimacy, but still... we all should have some reasonable priorities in our lives!

OK, actually that's a good question, but I don't think that self test can be avoided in either way than simply leaving wheel plugged and PC always on... sounds like much more hassle than getting rid of a girlfriend. :(
You're not thinking right, who's gonna pay the bills then eh?
No Girlfriend = No bills paid
No bills paid = No electricity
No Electricity = NO RACING... Duh!

When I upgraded from my T300 to a DD wheel, my wife was very pleased because the DD does not make that startup noises.
When I upgraded from my Playseat Challenge to a Sim-Lap GT2 Rig, my wife was very pleased because the rig doesn't make squeaking noises when in use.

You get the idea? ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea