MAD Formula Team MFT02

Cars MAD Formula Team MFT02 V1.33 Final

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ofitus21 submitted a new resource:

MAD Formula Team MFT02 - The 2022 Formula Student challenger from the University Carlos III of Madrid

Please read the document before downloading. It’ll put into context who we are, what we do and what is this car.

If you share this mod, please do so using the link of the RaceDepartment resource page. Do not redistribute, re-host, unpack or share this content without explicit permission from myself or MAD Formula Team.

If you have downloaed this car from a site other than this page, or wish to get in touch with me for any questions, please let me know via...

Read more about this resource...

Ofitus21 updated MAD Formula Team MFT02 with a new update entry:

V1.1

Small update once more, tweaking a few elements:
CHANGELOG:
-Modified T-cam position.
-Improved baseline setup and Low DF Additional Setup provided.

Wanted to use this opportunity to once more congratulate the modders who are creating some truly astonishing liveries for this pack. @thejqka has been once more at it, and has released some of the most iconic skins in F1 history, but in miniature form:
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

V1.11 Final update

Hi all.
Small update once more. This time the update is very small, and it is focused on tweaking tyre drop-off curves, making the cliff of the tyre more abrupt and noticeable. This should hopefully make long races with the car more strategic, as tyres before were nearly indestructible.

This will also be the last update of the MFT02 for the forseeable future. Best regards and race on!

¡Hola gente!

Your little car is as fun as always, but there's a minimal glitch; in all your models, at "Sound" line indicates that the sound used is that of the Tatuus FA01 (2010), preceded by a warning simbol that, when clicked appears this message...

Captura.JPG

Isn't a big deal, but that warning signal make my eyes get nervous every time I open the tab of one of your cars...

Thanks for your work and let's see if in a not too distant future we see you working in Fernando Alonso's Formula 1 team... :p

V1.2 Final Update

Hi all,
I know I said in the previous post that it was going to be the last update, but as you may know by now, I'm known for discovering a weird bug or 2 after release. I promise this time it'll be the last update :)

Changelog
  • Fixed camera position of one of the onboard cameras.
  • Changed fuel LED colour to make it more visible.
  • Fixed typo in tyre data files, causing the tyres to not degrade as expected

¡Hola gente!

Your little car is as fun as always, but there's a minimal glitch; in all your models, at "Sound" line indicates that the sound used is that of the Tatuus FA01 (2010), preceded by a warning simbol that, when clicked appears this message...

View attachment 687126

Isn't a big deal, but that warning signal make my eyes get nervous every time I open the tab of one of your cars...

Thanks for your work and let's see if in a not too distant future we see you working in Fernando Alonso's Formula 1 team... :p
Hi!
Very much aware of this issue. The sound for these cars was provided by Modek. Said modder no longer is able to edit this sound bank, meaning it would have to be developed from scratch again.
I have zero experience creating sound banks, and no one in the team is a sound engineer, so unfortunately I doubt a fix will appear.

Hi Guys!
I've made a custom game controller that shifts gears like a motorbike and I want to get your car to change gears manually to it. I've assigned the gamepad commands to the game but it doesn't seem to shift gears. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it only meant to be run on sequential shifting?
Thanks,
Vinod.

edit: Making a custom tune fixed it

Last edited:

V1.3 Final Update

Hello everyone, it's Diego again.
I know I promised the last update would have been the last update. But there are a few things that have made me go back again to this car.

First of all, I have finally figured out what has been causing the bug that made all AI cars to pit on the final lap! :) This has finally been corrected.

There's also a brand new tyre model, which will make the car far more reactive and enjoyable to drive! You'll notice it from the moment you drive off the pits, so...

V1.31

Hi all, Diego here.

I can't believe this is the case, but yes, I'm posting a new "final" update of the MFT02 (4th update that I thought would be the last :redface:)

There's a good reason however. A bug regarding the tyre thermal model was reported, and given it was an easy fix, I decided to update the car one last time.

The edit is timely too. The car will be used for the 4th edition of the FSGP Series, which is starting next weekend. These are fun, short and fast paced races taking place...

V1.33 Update

(Note. If you downloaded V1.31 a few days ago, this is an update fixing an additional bug I discovered after release, you'll need to redownload. Sorry :redface:)

Diego here, I can't believe this is the case, but yes, I'm posting a new "final" update of the MFT02 (5th update that I thought would be the last)

There's a good reason however. A bug regarding the tyre thermal model was reported, and given it was an easy fix, I decided to update the car one last time.

The edit is timely too. The...

V1.33 Update

(Note. If you downloaded V1.31 or another V1.33 a few days ago, this is an update fixing an additional bug I discovered after release, you'll need to redownload. Sorry :redface:)

Diego here, I can't believe this is the case, but yes, I'm posting a new "final" update of the MFT02 (5th update that I thought would be the last)

The edit...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes