Lotus 16s

Cars Lotus 16s - version 20240215

Login or Register an account to download this content
Small, non-blocking error when launching the '58 to drive, from CM.
Texture "MAT_BODY_SET_1_AO.DDS is missing from "content/cars/lotus_16_58/lotus_16_B.kn5"

Comment as requested.
Quite simple really. When the dust has settled, there shall be only one.
Even at this "waddya think?" stage, *much* better than any previous.

Front suspension has realistic caster, rear suspension works a treat, both ito feel, and visually. That wasn't easy to check out, because...

Camera positions need to be on the to-do list :)

Oil temp gauge code missing in ext_config.ini for the '59.

Tyres are *on* the border for me, but I understand the "1958 rubber tech" truth, and the "gamers want to feel like heroes, so slippy is king" imperative, so, just an observation.

Audio pitch is too low, to my ear. 6k RPM sounds like 4k to me.
I saw you pitched it down to 0.9, I went the other way and 1.2 sounds more like it.
YMMV, of course.

All in, top, top work, sir.

Last edited:
Left a debug option on, perhaps? 1958 model.
1705190754389.png

Also, the driver shifting animation is too slow.

Last edited:
Glad to see that the lightsabers are gone... The smoke keeps way deviated from the exhaust in the three cars, but it's easy to fix with Content Manager.

Instructions for newbies like me: First unpack "data.acd" if data are packed (thanks solrider666 for the aclaration), then open the car in "Showroom CM", click in "Car Params" (the little car logo up right), "Flames" (in Physics section), then press the "T" in keyboard to open the orb (named "Flame_0") and start to move (with the orb) the red... arrow, piramid with tail? that represents the direction where the smoke will be exhausted. When done, click "Save moved points", repack data folder and... go race!

smoke fix.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to see that the lightsabers are gone... The smoke keeps way deviated from the exhaust in the three cars, but it's easy to fix with Content Manager.

Instructions for newbies like me: Open the car in "Showroom CM", click in "Car Params" (the little car logo up right), "Flames" (in Physics section), then press the "T" in keyboard to open the orb (named "Flame_0") and start to move the red... arrow? that represents the direction where the smoke will be exhausted. When done, click "Save moved points" and... go race!
You must unpack "data.acd" first otherwise the flame position wont save, the only thing that will save is the shadow. flame.ini is in the data folder

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.