Looking to make a big jump with sim rigs

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time lurker and now have dove head first into the world of sim rigs. There are a number of things that I have settled on including, the stand, gear and size of monitors but I would like some opinions before I dive into this. Remember, I'm coming from a G27 hooked to a desk with a 24 inch monitor so this stuff below is like state of the art.

Rig stand: I think I've decided to go with the Motedis sim rig. I would love everyone's thoughts on this. I included a picture of what it will look like. This will also include the monitor stand for the triple screen setup. **If anyone has used this, I'd love your feedback!!**

Seat: I have no idea. I might try to find something on marketplace but I'm most likely going to look for a bucket seat.

Gear:

CSL DD READY2RACE BUNDLE FOR PC (8 NM) -also thinking about buying the 5 NM and then putting together my own power supply.

CSL LOAD CELL KIT

CLUBSPORT SHIFTER SQ V 1.5

Monitors: I would like to go with a 32" triple setup. I don't want to spend too much on monitors to be honest. I guess I should preface this with my computer stats first to see if 32" monitors are even doable.

**ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop**

**Intel Core i7-12700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD**

So yea that's pretty much it. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Please be harsh, I'd rather get this right the first time so I'm not backpedaling and dishing out even more money!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_075907_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_075907_Gallery.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 31
What graphics card do you think can handle that? Or would I be better off just downsizing to 27" monitors to avoid that performance issue?
In the nVidia universe, 3070ti or 4070 would be solid choices.

Remember that it's not the monitor size, rather it's the pixel count. The graphics card doesn't know the difference between a 1440p 32" monitor and a 1440p 27" monitor. All it knows is that it has to send 1440 pixels in the vertical signal.

Remember that it's not the monitor size, rather it's the pixel count. The graphics card doesn't know the difference between a 1440p 32" monitor and a 1440p 27" monitor. All it knows is that it has to send 1440 pixels in the vertical signal.
I´d like to add that pixel count to monitor size does matter as in PPI, pixel per inch.

A 1080p 27" monitor is ok for racing, but shows a little screen door effect on the desktop.
I´ve been living with triple 1080p 27" monitors for three years, but then my TV went 4k and I started seeing the pixels. For now it´s not bugging me enough to fork out for 1440p.
(I have the PC for it, just not willing to exchange working monitors)

Another question if the PC measures up would be the sim. Asseto Corsa the original with Content Manager is well optimized and runs great, ACC needs way better CPU/GPU to run and look good.

About doing your own PSU for Fanatec, do your own research.
I would not put it beyond F. to require a digital handshake between PSU and wheel base to lock you into their jailhouse ecosystem. They do it with steering wheels and wheel base :devilish:

I´d like to add that pixel count to monitor size does matter as in PPI, pixel per inch.

A 1080p 27" monitor is ok for racing, but shows a little screen door effect on the desktop.
I´ve been living with triple 1080p 27" monitors for three years, but then my TV went 4k and I started seeing the pixels. For now it´s not bugging me enough to fork out for 1440p.
(I have the PC for it, just not willing to exchange working monitors)

Another question if the PC measures up would be the sim. Asseto Corsa the original with Content Manager is well optimized and runs great, ACC needs way better CPU/GPU to run and look good.

About doing your own PSU for Fanatec, do your own research.
I would not put it beyond F. to require a digital handshake between PSU and wheel base to lock you into their jailhouse ecosystem. They do it with steering wheels and wheel base :devilish:
I get what you're saying with monitors. I guess my thought process is to get 32" 1440p monitors so that I can drop down to 1080p if I need to (which I most likely will need to.) But if I want to upgrade my computer later, I will already have the monitors to make that jump.

As for sims, I'm mainly planning on doing iRacing. Maybe Rfactor 2 or BeamNG but those I'm not as worried about the triple screen aspect.

I will look into the power supply. I remember reading a forum where someone mentioned "I wouldn't be surprised if fanatec has firmware in the base to detect knockoff power supplies."

I appreciate the input!

I get what you're saying with monitors. I guess my thought process is to get 32" 1440p monitors so that I can drop down to 1080p if I need to (which I most likely will need to.)
I believe you cannot run 1080p on a 1440p monitor. Well you can, it wont look right. 720p would look better on a 1440p monitor than 1080p would look on the same monitor.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.