Looking for larger vintage Steering wheel

I've found a few interesting options on Amazon and they are six bolt fitment and I'm curious if that is a standard fitment that would line up with my Fanatec six bolt podium hub?

Also any suggestions on 15 inch diameter vintage racing steering wheels, would be appreciated!

Attachments

• steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 48
6bolt 70mm PCD is pretty much the industry standard, the Fanatec R300 I use on my SC QR fits this measurement nicely.

Depending on the wheel base you´re using whatch out that the wheel doesn´t get too heavy, wheight and larger diameter numb the FFB considerably.

Even on a (healthily powered DD wheel base you feel the difference between a 285 Formula rim, a 300mm R300 (naked, no buttons/paddles and a 350mm "real" sportscar rim.

Most steering wheels have a 70mm or 50,8mm PCD. Except Nardi, they have a PCD around 74mm I believe.

Podium hub can fit the 70mm and 50,8mm PCD's. For a Nardi wheel you already are in need of an extra adapter.

@Glovebox :

3drap has a nice one, a bit smaller though:

or this one:

With the Chinese stuff on Amazon it's always a surprise if the product has the dimensions that are mentioned in the bad translated text.

If you can find one with a 70mm or 50.8mm PCD it will fit the podium hub fine.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 468 70.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.0%
Back