Looking for a new PC

Hello!

Looking to get back into simracing. First of all I need a new PC and literally know nothing about this stuff. Maybe you can give me some recommendations? I will probably try to assemble one myself since it does not seem to be too complicated thanks to YouTube tutorials etc... But what parts should I get? The PC should be able to run most of the games like Dirt Rally, iRacing, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa etc... Also it should be triple screen compatible. The key parts are CPU and GPU am I right?

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome!
In order to help you further, can you give us more or less how much are you willing to invest?
There are plenty of choices nowadays, so in the end it all comes down to how much you want to spend.
When you say that you want to use triples, what is the resolution of the screens that you want to use? 1080p or 1440p?

Yes, CPU and GPU are the main components performance wise.

Well, ideally I would like to spend nothing. :) But in all seriousness, as far as I'm concerned the PC is the most important thing. So I'm willing to invest around 1500€-2000€. So I would not have to touch it for some good years. Also the screen thing, could you recommend something? I'm thinking about 27" or 32". As far as I have understood the refresh rate should be at least 144Hz. Resolution wise I'm not even sure. 1440p is probably better but how big is the price gap?

Taking into account that value I hope that you're not including the screens also :D
Triple screens with 1440p and 144Mhz would need a 2080Ti, which means almost all your budget.
I think a good compromise would be 27'' triples, 1080p with 75Mhz refresh rate.

Taking that into account, and the fact that you should keep +/- 40% of your budget for the GPU this is what I think you can fit:
- MB: MSI B450 Mortar Max (100€)
- CPU: Ryzen 3700X (360€)
- RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw (2x8Gb) 3200Mhz (85€)
- SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb (110€)
- PSU: Corsair RM 750 Gold (100€)
- Case: NZXT H510 (80€)
- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 (140€)
- GPU: EVGA RTX2080 Super Black (760€)

This gives more or less a grand total of 1750€.
Some of this parts can be changed according to your taste (like case), or if you prefer to invest a little bit in some components with more quality (like RAM with better timmings/RGB, Hard Drive or even MB).
This is a base suggestion with budget in mind, and only putting what (I think) as a minimum necessary for what you want.
You can also go through Intel route and use a 9700K for example and a different MB. Although, in my opinion, I think AMD nowadays is almost on pair with Intel for gaming, and even better if you do other stuff with your PC. Beyond that you would use (with AMD) a platform that will let you upgrade your CPU with the next generation without having to change MB.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%