Logitech MX Master 3S

• Deleted member 197115

A third mate was like "You guys have problems... I just play and save money with my corded Razer Deathadder for sub 30€" :roflmao:
A sensible and wise that one.
But in the end it boils down to:
- high dpi, small range of movement - heavier mouse
- low dpi, larger range of movement - lighter one

You just compensate one for another, both can work, depending on playstyle and preferences one might work better than another. All high end gaming mice were always loaded with extra weights that you can use to adjust for your own preferences, increasing inertia and aim stability, shifting weight balance, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the weights are mainly to balance the COG so the mouse stays horizontal, when lifting it. Everyone has their thumb in a different position so the mouse tilts upwards or downwards, when lifting it.
When really light, it doesn't matter anymore, since it simply stays how you grab it.

To throw in another semi-stupid analogy:
Adding weights to an already "heavy" mouse (100+ g) is like putting ballast into a BMW or Mercedes to gain traction on ice/now (very common here in Germany).
But the sub 65 g mice are more like some 400 kg AWD buggy :roflmao:

If you ever get the chance, I can really recommend to try one.

Btw, do you know this rim by any chance? :D
Finally got it! It's brilliant.
20240221_230756.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

I think the weights are mainly to balance the COG so the mouse stays horizontal, when lifting it. Everyone has their thumb in a different position so the mouse tilts upwards or downwards, when lifting it.
If you had to lift your mouse then probably sensitivity is set wrong, ideally any, even the most extreme movements should be accomplished by just flicking your wrist. But again, that's what I've been taught and use and what works extremely well with weighted mouse, everyone's playstyle is different, what works for me, might be a no-no for someone else.

Rim looks like a knockoff of Sportline Imola 300. Original has different stitching and perforated leather.
Screenshot 2024-02-21 175713.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had to lift your mouse then probably sensitivity is set wrong, ideally any, even the most extreme movements should be accomplished by just flicking your wrist.
Yeah not during the actual movement, but afterwards. Like when you turn 160° in a shooter and then move straight, you put the mouse back into your comfort spot, so that direction becomes the new "neutral".
Don't you do that?
Rim looks like a knockoff of Sportline Imola 300.
Fixed that :p It's a Sportline Imola 300, real leather version with red seams and center marker.
Thanks for the recommendation!

• Deleted member 197115

Yeah not during the actual movement, but afterwards. Like when you turn 160° in a shooter and then move straight, you put the mouse back into your comfort spot, so that direction becomes the new "neutral".
Don't you do that?

Fixed that :p It's a Sportline Imola 300, real leather version with red seams and center marker.
Thanks for the recommendation!
No, I never lift the mouse, my movement are usually do not exceed one inch in either direction. May be Sportline changed design or moved to different supplier, but it looks quite different from the original.
Looks like they have two different versions now. Hmm.

LOL! Looks like a nice bit of kit.
No, I never lift the mouse, my movement are usually do not exceed one inch in either direction.
Umm :unsure:
I guess it depends what games you're playing, but if you have to turn left, then left, then left, a few times, do you unwind that by moving 360 degrees to the right, or just lifting the mouse?

• Deleted member 197115

LOL! Looks like a nice bit of kit.

Umm :unsure:
I guess it depends what games you're playing, but if you have to turn left, then left, then left, a few times, do you unwind that by moving 360 degrees to the right, or just lifting the mouse?
Like climbing spiral staircase, yeah, that's probably the only situation, but it happens once in a millennium.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.