Logitech G29 issue

I have a super weird problem with my wheel. Sometimes when I turn the wheel 180 degrees or more to the right, every single button on the steering wheel gets activated, which makes it basically unusable for everything except F1 2021. I have not found anyone else with the same issue and therefore no fix for the problem. Does anyone have an idea? Would be much appreciated.

I'd tend to suspect a physical problem with the internal cable to the wheel (since it inevitably has to bend quite a bit as the wheel moves back and forth).
I imagine it's fixable, if you are willing to take it to bits and either find a replacement cable or construct one...

Edit: the fact that *all* of the buttons are showing spurious presses suggests that it's probably just a single (common) wire that's actually broken. However, the rest of the conductors are quite likely also on the way out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also try to unplug everything else.
Mouse, keyboard, gamepad etc.

Sometimes weird stuff happens if 2 devices don't like each other.
If I keep my Xbox Controller on while my wheel is also on, all menus and scrollbars will move upwards...

Xbox Controller via Bluetooth or official wireless adaptor will cause massive stutters in horizon zero dawn.

It's probably a physical issue with your g29 but I'd test with all other USB or wireless control stuff disconnected.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I installed the new update for Logitech G Hub, I plug in my Logitech G29 and it literally stops working. I mean, I am trying to play F1, everything is working fine, all the buttons work, but it turns right by itself. I am trying everything to try and turn left, make it work but nothing. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. You can take a look below to see how it is...

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I installed the new update for Logitech G Hub, I plug in my Logitech G29 and it literally stops working. I mean, I am trying to play F1, everything is working fine, all the buttons work, but it turns right by itself. I am trying everything to try and turn left, make it work but nothing. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. You can take a look below to see how it is...
Sadly that's apparently a bug in the logitech software.
Try to uninstall and reinstall. Or download an older version.
(there aren't improvements nowadays. Only "bug fixing", which apparently sometimes goes wrong, like for you... Plus adding new keyboards/mice/headsets)

You can also try the old logitech gaming software instead of g-hub.

One thing though: put sensitivity to 50!!!
At 100, the wheel degrees aren't 1:1 game degrees! At 50% you have perfect linearity.

Upvote 0
Sadly that's apparently a bug in the logitech software.
Try to uninstall and reinstall. Or download an older version.
(there aren't improvements nowadays. Only "bug fixing", which apparently sometimes goes wrong, like for you... Plus adding new keyboards/mice/headsets)

You can also try the old logitech gaming software instead of g-hub.

One thing though: put sensitivity to 50!!!
At 100, the wheel degrees aren't 1:1 game degrees! At 50% you have perfect linearity.
Is it just a bug tho, or my wheel is not working in general? Can I fix it somehow or I need a new one?

Upvote 0
Is it just a bug tho, or my wheel is not working in general? Can I fix it somehow or I need a new one?
Do you have a laptop or another PC to test the wheel?
From what I know the wheel doesn't need the software! You won't be able to change settings, but it should work with the default settings since the driver is a standard USB driver and the ffb is sent via the Microsoft DirectInput channels (main, damper, spring).

So plug your PC into another Windows system (you could also install a second windows on your PC on a little partition and test it there), DO NOT install any Logitech software, do install any ffb game and and test if the wheel is working normal or not.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events