AC LMP2 @ Imola - Sunday 21st April 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was intense but fun!
Thanks guys, and thanks Brian for hosting / organizing. Somehow I forgot to load up Crew Chief and my mirrors never did work, so my apologies to anyone who i might have bumped or blocked. I was flying a bit blind. Also, let a couple threw inadvertently under blue flag, :confused: That;s my story and sticking to it anyway! Nice to race with you guys again.
See you next time!

Congrats Hank! You completely dominated practise, quali and race, very well done! Nice to see you on P1 again :thumbsup:

I was on Meds accidently in qualy, with softs I maybe could have been a bit closer. But it didn't matter as I completely f**ked up the start (had to go for automatic shifting due to some pain in my arms, and of course did not practise a start :whistling:). It got even worse as I hit @The Almighty Snark Casper cause I was not aware of cold brakes and tyres and full tank... sorry again, mate! :unsure:

From consistency perspective it was clearly my worst race of the year, reminding me of my first online races here. Pushed to hard, made mistake, pushed even more, made even more mistakes. and so one. you may now how that goes... :p

But pace was okay and that allowed me to catch up to @Alfred Wayne multiple times and it was quite close in the end :D:D Well done, Robert! At some point I thought "just don't behave like lewis hamilton and quit the game before it's over", like he does sometimes when he doesn't have the chance to win :roflmao:

The tires won the race today. And maybe a bit of the driver too.
Softs - 50 minutes good, 10 minutes - be careful.

Great car, feels really good. I set the FFB extra high. It was a battle of man against machine tonight.

Great event as always on Sundays! :thumbsup:
Actually I'm not sure if softs really have been faster. Even my mediums have been quite worn after the race and in practise I did not feel that much difference between S and M (with full tank).
I'd say it mostly was the driver :thumbsup:

Nice racing fellas. Congrats to Hank and Laurent. Great pace and consistency from you both.

With the luxury of the time and space I went for two hotlaps at the end to steal the fastest lap, on the last lap :) On worn mediums, as Johnny says, I would say it was more driver than tyres that won this

Thanks to all for racing last night, see you for the next one.
:thumbsup:

Nice racing fellas. Congrats to Hank and Laurent. Great pace and consistency from you both.

With the luxury of the time and space I went for two hotlaps at the end to steal the fastest lap, on the last lap :) On worn mediums, as Johnny says, I would say it was more driver as tyres that won this

Thanks to all for racing last night, see you for the next one.
:thumbsup:
Nice laps, brian :thumbsup:

Great car and track combo. Had fu until the snap over steer under breaking bit me a few times.

Is this from the gear shift drop and thus lockup? I couldn't dial it out of my setup or driving habits.
Interesting, I got the impression that is brake bias and selecting a low gear????
Although I cannot imagine that they can program ….torque from a low gear, then add brake pressure, tyre loading , then get a calculated summary that then locks the back wheel.
I mainly got around it by moving the brake bias forward.
If I had the dexterity, the word dexterity is a million miles away from this old gits ability, then a well judged first gear selection which turns the rear. Put you straight then gives you max acceleration to the next corner is a big time saver. Managed it once.
A miss observed fluke, maybe!!!

Great car and track combo. Had fu until the snap over steer under breaking bit me a few times.

Is this from the gear shift drop and thus lockup? I couldn't dial it out of my setup or driving habits.
I had the same issue in practice. I was able to reduce it by moving the brake bias forward (63, I think?). This caused me other problems in the race though as the fronts then locked into the toser haripin. That ultimately sent me into the gravel and I had to teleport to the pits, effectively ending my race. So maybe rears locking was the lesser of evils?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.