Limit setup options for tires

I have a situation where a car has different size tires front and rear but same compound. I want the setup screen to show the different sizes but have no options to change them. For example, front: Goodyear 15x6.0, rear: Goodyear 16x8.0. It is simple enough to just put the different sizes for front and rear and display only Goodyear for each, but I can't get it to display the different sizes without also being able to change them both to small or large. In the hdc file I set front=0 and rear=1, but that did nothing - in game both front and rear had the large tires, though I could change either and save the setup. I tried adding a "name= line to the rear tire section of the tyr file, that just gave both tires the second name. Tried a couple of other options that caused the game to crash.

Is this not possible, or have I overlooked a simple solution?

(Mod has five cars; one with same tires all around, no problem; three with smaller front tires than rear; fifth has smaller front tires but four options for rear tire size. )

• Deleted member 13397

ISIs gMotor (or pMotor) engine is not able to change the graphical look of wheels
once loaded on session startup they will stay the same, wet or slicks

the only thing you can make, is make different CAS for different tyre sizes
but if i understand you request right, this will be not a full solution

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play