Is this worth finishing?

Spent 2 hours on this so far and am not sure if is good enough to worry about finishing. I am not real happy with it. Any thoughts or interest?

Attachments

• IMSA 9 McLaren .jpg
    IMSA 9 McLaren .jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 83
Spent 2 hours on this so far and am not sure if is good enough to worry about finishing. I am not real happy with it. Any thoughts or interest?
I can only comment on your creation from an aesthetic perspective AND I have no graphic design training. I only know that I like what I like. The "papaya" and blue accents constitute one of my favorite color combinations and the checked fabric pattern adds interest. You mentioned you're not finished--I believe the charcoal-black pattern on the rear sides of the car should be broken up in some way--sponsors, stripes, etc--to avoid looking too dark and too heavy.

In what aspects is the skin failing to meet your expections? Design, technical execution, overall "look"? Maybe take a few laps in its unfinished state to see if you like its appearance on track? Maybe let it rest a few days and come back with new eyes.

Your design is fresh and is easily better than half of the random yack applied to the flanks of many current racecars. It is certainly scads better than I could even dream to attempt with zero skinning knowledge or experience!

Well I have uploaded the car. Its the best I have at the moment as I do not have much time to spend on it. I hope anyone who uses it , enjoys it. Any tips or tricks anyone might have will be appreciated.

Attachments

• PFAFF #9 2024 Rolex 24 McLaren 720S GT3 Pro Car.jpg
    PFAFF #9 2024 Rolex 24 McLaren 720S GT3 Pro Car.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 40

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering