Is there anyway you can do a pitstop in practice sessions?

Is there anything in the PLR file that allows me to run a pit stop in a practice session, rather than go back to the garage?

I want to try and run some simulations for Crew Chief and get pit stop practice in without having to only do it in race

I get the pit menu when running an Open Practice session and this is using a new unedited Player Profile on a stock install of the disc version of GTR2.

Do you have any sort of Auto Pit or AI Pit Control ticked off in the game menu. When I enter pit road I have to drive to my pit stall. Then when I get there I'm presented with the Pit Menu.

Last edited:
Should there be possible settings in PLR which cannot be set in game ?
That's the only possibility as there's nothing about Auto Pit or AI Pit in game.... the only possible setting in game is
Pitlane Control System .... mine is unchecked in game.

I vaguely remember that there's a difference if you request to pit before pitting (and request was heard) vs pitting without requesting. Hard to remember as normally the reason I pit during practice is to make seutp changes, so always need to get to garage anyway :)

Last edited:
That's also the way I concluded in this case .... a return to pits in practice is of course meant as a return to ... garage.
And not just a pure pitstop.
So no single problem in my own case ... but just a curiosity when reading Bjarne's answer to the question of the OP speaking of practice session.

The difference between a pitstop with request compared with one without request.... is that everyone is ready when arriving in pits after a pitstop request while it takes longer without request. That's what I heard ( learned ) in the past.

Last edited:
Test 2

Stock North American GTR2 disc version install patched to v1.1.0.0 using RELOADED NoCD exe that was on NoGrip.
Non edited Player Profile - only what can be changed in the game menu

Vehicle: BMW M3
Track: Magny-Cours National
2 Laps on track before pit stop (1 Warmup, 1 Timed)

Pit on Lap 3

No Pit Request - drove onto pit lane to my stall as the crew was coming out of the garage, pit menu came up once I was stopped.
Requested Pit Stop - same as above but crew was ready, stopped when told to, once agin the pit menu came up once I was stopped.

I can't remember ever being dumped to the Garage Menu when I made a Pit Stop in Open Practice or a Race Day with a Practice Session.

OP didn't mention if he/she is using a stock track or an add-on, stock vehicle or mod so who knows. When testing something I always use a stock install of GTR2 with a new Player Profile, that way if there is an issue it's a lot easier to figure out what it is.

Last edited:
Is there anything in the PLR file that allows me to run a pit stop in a practice session, rather than go back to the garage?

I want to try and run some simulations for Crew Chief and get pit stop practice in without having to only do it in race
Ah, I see your problem - since you can't complete pit stop in practice, you can't tain CC to know your pit stop duration, right? I'll keep an eye on this issue.

PS: that is with Steam GTR2.exe?

Last edited:
The biggest problem loosing XD when using CC is the fact that we loose the possibility of modifying the pitstop on track .... all other XD features can be replaced with Simhub but not that one.
So there's always a time loss during pitstops only to modify the compound choice and the size of the refuel when needed.
I suppose that CC might not do that ?

The biggest problem loosing XD when using CC is the fact that we loose the possibility of modifying the pitstop on track .... all other XD features can be replaced with Simhub but not that one.
So there's always a time loss during pitstops only to modify the compound choice and the size of the refuel when needed.
I suppose that CC might not do that ?
CC can do that in other games, not in GTR2 currently. However, online is not focus of my plugin, sorry (GTR2 is hopelessly behind in online regard). And the only reason to be quick in setting pit stop up is online racing, or am I wrong (isn't time stopped while you are making changes in offline race, if it isn't that's the bug to fix)? This might come one day with purpose of increasing immersion - giving team pit instructions, but is very low priority.

Last edited:
And that's obviously just a question as I know that GTR2 is mostly and nearly only Offline races nowadays.
There are enough new sims allowing that now. ;)
Just for pleasure when I have time I'm doing short endurance races ( 6 hours in 3 race sessions ) .... and by curiosity also I don't even know if AI time is suspended during the time when we are modifying the pitstop choices. ( what I don't believe )

And that's obviously just a question as I know that GTR2 is mostly and nearly only Offline races nowadays.
Just for pleasure when I have time I'm doing short endurance races ( 6 hours in 3 race sessions ) .... and by curiosity also I don't even know if AI time is suspended during the time when we are modifying the pitstop choices. ( what I don't believe )
yeah you made me doubt myself, I'll check if time isn't stopped, it would be really funny if it isn't :D for years I assumed it is :grimacing:.

Yes, I watched couple of GTR2 online streams, experience is lightyears from R3E or iRacing, fixing that will take years (if at all possible via plugin) and I have no passion for online racing due to how it is organized.

Last edited:
I did a test in a race session and thank goodness it works as we assumed. Game is not progressing while pit choice UI is visible, pheeew. I see Bjarne claims otherwise, perhaps it is some obscure setting? But I verified at a data level, AI lap distances do not advance while UI is visible and resume immediately with UI gone.

I also tried to pit in championship qualification and despite me requesting it, pit crew did not meet me (and hence stopping in pit stall went straight to garage). I'll keep an eye on it, interesting problem.

Last edited:
Ah, I see your problem - since you can't complete pit stop in practice, you can't tain CC to know your pit stop duration, right? I'll keep an eye on this issue.

PS: that is with Steam GTR2.exe?
That's correct @The Iron Wolf. I'm new to uncovering the goodness of CC, so something to consider - wonder what settings in Open Practice could be lifted into Championship/24hr/RW, or a calculation of a pit-in/pit-out run down the lane?

P.S - yes its Steam GTR2.exe

Last edited:
Game is not progressing while pit choice UI is visible, pheeew. I see Bjarne claims otherwise, perhaps it is some obscure setting? But I verified at a data level, AI lap distances do not advance while UI is visible and resume immediately with UI gone.
I see that now.
Tested with Simhub track map and the Ai do continue but if you stay inactive with pit menu for a little longer you can see the Ai while do move they move off the track and gets teleported back to position when accessing the pit Menu.
My bad!

Still have no idea why you get send into the garage when pitting.
In video settings I use Pitcrew for Player only as sometimes the AI gets locked in pitlane if they have pit crew.

That's correct @The Iron Wolf. I'm new to uncovering the goodness of CC, so something to consider - wonder what settings in Open Practice could be lifted into Championship/24hr/RW, or a calculation of a pit-in/pit-out run down the lane?

P.S - yes its Steam GTR2.exe
As far as I know pit stop duration benchmark is the only state CC caries over. And, there's a lot of opportunities in that area (for example, saving best lap). But it is also a lot of work, especially in game with variable conditions :)

I'll let you know if I notice what causes pit crew to come out vs not, hopefully it is something that can be adjusted.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%