Investigating pedal purchase options

Hey folks,

Good day to everyone!

I was hoping to seek your assistance on some specific points, if you can spare a moment.

I'm looking to buy a set of pedals with a load cell for the brake. However, I'm facing a limitation. I don't have space for a dedicated cockpit, not even for a stand-alone base for the pedals and steering wheel. Currently, my T300rs steering wheel is mounted on my office desk, and the pedals are propped up against the wall. In the case of the T3PA pedals, they work perfectly fine, even with the conical rubber mod that makes the pedal much firmer.

Nevertheless, I'm aware that a load cell pedal can be considerably heavier. For those who have experience with both pedals, the CSL Elite V2 and the Clubsport V3, can you tell me which of the two pedals can be configured in a way that requires less mechanical force to reach 100% brake input? The website states that the CSL can be configured with up to 10kg, but there's no information about the Clubsport.

Additionally, could you let me know if the Clubsport has rubber pads installed on its base, so it can be used on a smooth wooden floor without being mounted on a cockpit?

Do you believe that the experience with the Clubsport clutch pedal is significantly better than that of the CSL? I use a lot of vintage cars, both in Assetto Corsa and AMS2. Therefore, a truly immersive experience with the clutch pedal would be quite beneficial.

Finally, can you tell me if I will be able to adjust through software how much force I will need to apply to achieve full load on the load cell brake (BRF)?

Thanks a lot in advance ;-)

You can adjust the force needed in the software with fanatec. I've used the clubsport v3 pedals and really do not see how someone would be able to get by without them being mounted. Especially since it sounds like you have a slippery floor to begin with. I'm sure if you wanted them badly enough you could get by but I would recommend keeping the setup you have with the limitations you have. They are going to move and tip back on you no matter what resulting in inconsistencies that would render the load cell useless for muscle memory anyway. Just my opinion tho. And yes the csp pedals have rubber feet.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Something like that
61ZhOC8bgVL._SX522_.jpg

Thanks for the input, guys!

Pullmehome, thanks, I'm really consedering not to buy a load cell pedal.

Today, my pedal rests against the wall and doesn't slide forward. My concern is that a load cell pedal might lift the back part or even that the force I need to apply becomes so great that the chair moves backward. The floor is reasonably rough, and the chair I use currently, without little wheels and with rubber pads on its feet, doesn't slide (with the T3PA pedals).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%