Inverted G25 pedals

A very kind friend let me have his spare G25 pedal set and I am planning to mount them upside down. I saw a lot of wood rigs and a few metal one and the metal ones seem sturdier to me. Plus I would like to build it (or I should say "plan it") so the pedal position could be adjusted in a way that the actual pedals can slide forward and backwards as well as laterally (In order to adjust the distance between pedals).

I have to think that somone must have already designed such a rig. If so, I would love it if they could post the plans or at least some specs about the angle the pedals should go at, and the materials they used.

In my case, I cannot have a full cockpit so I am going to be driving at my desk. The rig should be able to sit under the table and brace against the wall at teh end of the desk. (Incidentally, to avoid pushing back my office char, I found some great caster wheel stoppers at the hardware store. Plastic circles with a slot carved in it to place the wheel in and they work great. Only $4.00).

Anyway, if anyone has these plans I'd appreciate it, if not, I'll publish mine as soon as I design it and before I have it built so you can comment on it and tell me if I am missing something.

Thanks.

One of the best setups I saw for under a desk pedal setup had part of the pedal base designed to fit behind 2 of the casters on the office chair. This allowed the pedals to be precisely the same distance for every use and kept the office chair from rolling away from the pedals. I don't have a design plan for this, but it was basically a "T" that came off the pedal base that fit behind the casters. As for the rest of the design, I can't help as I have yet to redo my setup.

Good luck on finding the plans, I am sure someone has done something similar.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies