Interested in buying OSW but comfused

After i find a buyer for my tspc racer I will get a OSW wheel. I am currently looking at these

https://www.simracingbay.com/product-category/osw-assembled-builds/

There are four options and I am not sure which to select as I really do not understand the differences lol.

Also they are mighty expensive yet they come with no steering wheel I am confused on which wheels can fit onto the osw and where I can buy them. Does anyone know any good websites which sell steering wheels for the osw? TY guys.

I recommend the Simucube with Acrylic case..

Just get the 20nm motor
Meanwell 480W 20-30nm Power supply
Ioni Pro HC drive
Depending on if you want to swap your wheel regularly get a Q1R quick release..
If you plan to always use the same wheel you just need a hub for a standard 70mm PCD.. Will fit pretty much any 6 hole steering wheel..
Visit Ascher Racing for all that stuff and a wheel plate.. His stuff is amazing...

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I recommend the Simucube with Acrylic case..

Just get the 20nm motor
Meanwell 480W 20-30nm Power supply
Ioni Pro HC drive
Depending on if you want to swap your wheel regularly get a Q1R quick release..
If you plan to always use the same wheel you just need a hub for a standard 70mm PCD.. Will fit pretty much any 6 hole steering wheel..
Visit Ascher Racing for all that stuff and a wheel plate.. His stuff is amazing...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help, what would the difference be between the 20nm motor and 30nm? Is 30nm just overkill then? Also as I am on a budget I will start off with a thrustmaster adaptor as I have a wheel for it already, then later down the line I will get a nicer one :)

Also, what servo drive should I get 19A or 25A? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help, what would the difference be between the 20nm motor and 30nm? Is 30nm just overkill then? Also as I am on a budget I will start off with a thrustmaster adaptor as I have a wheel for it already, then later down the line I will get a nicer one :)

Also, what servo drive should I get 19A or 25A? Thanks!

I haven't tried the Large Mige but I can say the small Mige is doing a great job for me at the moment and i can't see why i'd ever need the larger one..

The Ioni Pro HC drive (25A) is the one to get..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 for @sjb266 said, simuCUBE + small MiGE + IONI Pro HC (25A). i got mine from SimQuip.net with their own board + small MiGE + IONI Pro HC. love it and never looked back! (20Nm is more than sufficient)

steering wheels, got from:

Upvote 0
+1 for @sjb266 said, simuCUBE + small MiGE + IONI Pro HC (25A). i got mine from SimQuip.net with their own board + small MiGE + IONI Pro HC. love it and never looked back! (20Nm is more than sufficient)

steering wheels, got from:
Crazy how some of these wheels cost just as much or more than the OSW itself lol

Upvote 0
yes very true. but the parts cost themselves are high and some use their own boards (so various costs) go into them. but you can also purchase more budget friendly, maybe purchase parts for an OSW and assemble as per many guides available online. steering wheel, best option to search for a used wheel maybe, or used Fanatec wheel and convert for OSW. (there are also cheaper quick release systems by Thom.Concept or OSR).

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Forum trophies