Install steering wheel on Simucube 2 without quick release?

I may replace my Simucube 1 with a Simucube 2 in the near future. In order to make the minimum adjustments possible to my setup as regard distances, I would like to install my steering wheel as close to the base as possible.

Now I have a quick release by Simracing Coach and a 6 cm OMP spacer. My quick release is inserted in the central shaft from the base, which is not the case with Simucube 2 quick releases (adds more distance). Note: I want to keep on using my spacer because I use it to store some cables and connectors inside.

Since I always use the same steering wheel and will never make use of the quick release, I have thought it would be better to install my steering wheel directly without it. That way I would also save 5 or 6 cm of distance.

Now, my question is: is it possible to get rid of the base-part of the stock quick release by removing those 3 screws and use them to attach my OMP spacer directly to the base? My spacer has standard hole mounts (6 holes at at distance of 7 cm) and also with intermediate holes between them.

simucube2qr.jpg

omp-spacer.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll try it and find it but I’m pretty sure it’s possible to remove that short shaft coming from the base to expose the regular shaft. Here in the HRS SC2 hub you can see that it comes right up to the bass, I have this hub on my kollmorgen SC1 with has the same 24mm shaft as the sc2.

31D0607A-665B-417F-98E5-0D493B76C8F1.jpeg

• Deleted member 197115

I am using Ascher adapter, SRG video covering installation.
We also had discussion about options available on GD board.

Final result, adapter + extension + Buchfink Q1R

1661616508569.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The "starshaped adapter" belongs between the wheelside QR and your wheel
( 4 bolts to 6bolts 70mm PCD)

The baseside QR has a 3bolt pattern in which the Ascher adapter can be bolted.

SC2 QR.PNG

Maybe you could get it to fit if you drill the right pattern into the starshaped adapter.

MFG Carsten

• Deleted member 197115

Yes, I think that's exactly what I need. But isn't this adaptor already included with the Simucube 2 package? I mean, the star-shaped piece.
Unfortunately GD decided to go non standard pattern on motor side hub, watch Larry's video, not only it's non standard 70mm pattern, even the distance between individual holes is different.
Not a German engineering for sure.

I see. I will purchase the Ascher Racing adapter when I get my Simucube 2. After all, it's not very expensive. Thanks for the information.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%