rF2 Indycar @ Albert Park - Mon 3rd July 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I don't know what to say :cry:. My sincere apologies for causing the start incident. Wanted to avoid Ed on the inside and outbraked myself completely.
Absolutely not anywhere near the standards I set for myself. Not sure if I wanna continue sim racing at this point. Never mind the result.

I don't know what to say :cry:. My sincere apologies for causing the start incident. Wanted to avoid Ed on the inside and outbraked myself completely.
Absolutely not anywhere near the standards I set for myself. Not sure if I wanna continue sim racing at this point. Never mind the result.
don't bother too much about it, I had plenty of speed to come back to the front and i knew i couldn't match Jan's pace, and i had fun getting to overtake some people :)

It was my first race after a lengthy break due to moving to a new appartment and then waiting for the fiber connection issues to be dealt with, so about 3 weeks was lost and in the beginning of practice, I felt quite rusty. I struggled to get to grips with the track, the car, a new wheel rim for my base, the phone's wifi connection (dash) and other minor bips and bops. Eventually I got all of its sorta fixed (other than the need for a wifi repeater apparently) and together with a setup 'breakthrough' I started to get the hang of it right as we switched to qually. I absolutely nailed my very first lap in every sector + a massive tow, resulting in an unreal 28.4 which was NOT expected. I couldnt even get close to it in the race despite a late stop for fresh tires and then trying to beat it with full P2P - still 6 tenths off. One of my best qually laps ever.

The race was pretty uneventful really. In stark contrast to @Michael Rudolf, I got a decent launch and the full racing line into T1 and combined with the mayhem behind, I had a big lead in T2 already. From there it was basically just keeping it on track while making sure not to slide and overdrive the tires. Made one mistake (spin), but that was it. Well chuffed with nearly everything :)

Michael, I've experienced first hand several times your ability to destroy the field on pure pace and I know you still have it in you. Yesterday I had the upper hand in pace, next time it could be you. Your race got 'destroyed' by a slow start and missing a braking point. Those two things are easy to fix, get back on the horse and do what you do best. Also, you really should consider joining us on Discord. I myself took two years to muster up the 'courage' and it took another 6 months to not muting people in high stress situations, but once you get used to it, its so much better. Plus, It'd nice to hear the voice behind the name that has pushed me the most over the last few years :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the cheer up!
I absolutely nailed my very first lap in every sector + a massive tow, resulting in an unreal 28.4 which was NOT expected
That was a great lap indeed! I was on for 28.8 but destroyed it with a cut in the chicane. I knew your lap was out of reach but I felt kinda safe in P2 with a good gap so that didn't bother me too much. Sounds like I could have given you a run for it in the race ;)

The result is totally alright though considering the quali laps, I'm just bothered by compromising other peoples races. Happened too often lately, I need to to fix that immediately.

@Michael Rudolf Btw, you said you wanted to avoid Ed on the inside but forgot about the braking - does that specifically mean you visually focused on Ed and missed your braking point as a result? And are you using triples? Depending on your answer, I may get to a point lol

@Michael Rudolf Btw, you said you wanted to avoid Ed on the inside but forgot about the braking - does that specifically mean you visually focused on Ed and missed your braking point as a result? And are you using triples? Depending on your answer, I may get to a point lol
No triples but an ultrawide, didn't know exactly where Ed was but also had cars on the left and didn't focus on the point properly

No triples but an ultrawide, didn't know exactly where Ed was but also had cars on the left and didn't focus on the point properly
And here comes the point - did you see Ed out of the corner of your eye, at all? Even just the wing? I have triples and 99% of the time I can focus on what is right ahead or behind me, the peripheral vision takes care of the sides because of the fov from the triples. It might be an investment possibility in the future? It has transformed my close quarter battle awareness when compared to single screen, even ultrawide.

Last edited:
And here comes the point - did you see Ed out of the corner of your eye, at all? Even just the wing? I have triples and 99% of the time I can focus on what is right ahead or behind me, the peripheral vision takes care of the sides because of the fov from the triples. It might be an investment possibility in the future? It has transformed my close quarter battle awareness when compared to single screen, even ultrawide.
Yea one day. Nope, did not see him at all and though I have a radar set up that helsp to a certain extent. Sadly I have no room for triples currently. My rig is on wheels so I can set it up in front of my desk with the screen on a monitor arm. Multi purpose space, that's as much as I can fit in at the moment :)

IMG_4348.jpg

Yeah, thats about the best possible setup you can have in a limited space. Looking at your side view, your fov is naturally smaller than my triples which is an unfair advantage really. Its the exact reason why I went with triples instead of a cleaner ultrawide setup when I build the rig, despite all the room in the world really.
Nice wheel!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back