DiRT Rally 2.0 Inconsistent seat feedback using NLR V3

Hi all,

Thanks to assistance on this forum I can now get Dirt 2.0 working with VR, even though sometimes it takes two or three restarts before it all works properly.

But (there's always a 'but', isn't there?) I am finding that the feedback provided by the Next Level Racing V3 seat mover is distinctly inconsistent. At times you can feel the car moving along the road, over the bumps, feel the car touch the sides of the road and cause the car to pitch..... then other times it feels like you are driving on a motorway.

Most of the time there's little sense of changing gear in either direction or braking, although to be fair in a rally car that may be less obvious than with track cars. But for instance if I am trying to reverse back onto the road after losing it, if the back of the car hits something there is nothing. The same can be said of sections of road where there are potholes, jumps etc.

I've increased the rates on the V3 setup config tool to significantly higher than stock as with them in the standard settings you virtually feel nothing. However that does not explain the sometimes yes sometimes no behaviour. I can only assume that the data output to the V3 is not consistent, as the V3 does not show those characteristics with any of the other games

Does anyone else have any experience of the Dirt 2.0 and the V3 that they can comment on?
Cheers

Les

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes