I'm slow (video inside)

Hi.

I've been sim racing since spring.
Used to play AC on ps4, wasn't really fast but not awful either.

My best lap in Spa was 2,20,50...I could drive 2,21,50 times pretty consistently.

In recent weeks I upgraded my gear (pc instead of ps4, csl elite instead of t150 pro, ACC instead of AC).
In ACC im painfully slow...just can't find the speed at all.

I'll attach a video link to my average spa lap....they all are in 2,23-2,25 range...
If you can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

• Deleted member 379375

Have a loot at this, the gears we use are completely different.
I'll have a look at my setup and let you know what wing I'm running. I do know I'm running the minimum I could get away with through Raidillon / Eau Rouge. You'll notice I use all the track (width) but could probably ride the curbs more in places setup allowing.

I have 40 minutes of fuel onboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a loot at this, the gears we use are completely different.
I'll have a look at my setup and let you know what wing I'm running. I do know I'm running the minimum I could get away with through Raidillon / Eau Rouge. You'll notice I use all the track (width) but could probably ride the curbs more in places setup allowing.

I have 40 minutes of fuel onboard

thanks, I used same gears as you and got to 2.22.9 pretty quicly. Now I have to get my lines little bit better.

• Deleted member 379375

thanks, I used same gears as you and got to 2.22.9 pretty quicly. Now I have to get my lines little bit better.

Nice one, I'm running 9 on the rear wing.
I have good top end on the straights but while racing other have noticed quicker guys have better middle split so there may be benefit in running more rear wing.

Nice one, I'm running 9 on the rear wing.
I have good top end on the straights but while racing other have noticed quicker guys have better middle split so there may be benefit in running more rear wing.

My rear wing is 9 also.
Did a 30 min race today and improved my best lap to 2.22.5.

Weird that the cars handle so differently between AC and ACC.
I was hoping to pick up ACC and continue from where I left off but it’s like I’m starting from 0 again.

• Deleted member 379375

My rear wing is 9 also.
Did a 30 min race today and improved my best lap to 2.22.5.

Weird that the cars handle so differently between AC and ACC.
I was hoping to pick up ACC and continue from where I left off but it’s like I’m starting from 0 again.

Yeah I've found the same. The modelling is extremely accurate and consequently aerodynamics plays a huge part. Kunos say getting the aero platform stable is crucial.
Changes in pitch have a big influence on balance.

And
(Ferrari, not Evo)

Some quick pointers:

Use more of the track and the correct line.
In every fast corner you are overbraking the car and then, and i guess since you feel the car is going to slow for the correct line, you apply throttle and understeer which leads to a compromised second corner. This is especially noticable in Les Combes (turn 7, 8 and 9).

Hi guys.

I have gained some speed and more importantly, I see several turns where I can improve...thanks guys, here is the latest lap (2.21.2):​
EDIT: lap starts at 0.30​

Last edited:
I've only driven the Huracan for any length of time at both Monza and Spa. Last driving game I played was Gran Tursimo on PS3.

Using the aggressive setup I'm mostly in the 23s. Did a 22.5 last night.

I've watched some vids for gear selection, braking points etc and yet I still don't seem to be improving.

Hi.

I've been sim racing since spring.
Used to play AC on ps4, wasn't really fast but not awful either.

My best lap in Spa was 2,20,50...I could drive 2,21,50 times pretty consistently.

In recent weeks I upgraded my gear (pc instead of ps4, csl elite instead of t150 pro, ACC instead of AC).
In ACC im painfully slow...just can't find the speed at all.

I'll attach a video link to my average spa lap....they all are in 2,23-2,25 range...
If you can give me some pointers I'd appreciate it.

I can already see the problem right in the first 4 sec. When you get used to the quirk, you will tap the brake.

Weird thing. I have always driven Ferrari (160h game time), my best Spa lap time was 2.19.3. Today I tried different cars and got my best lap time to 2.18.8 with Aston, practice time less than 1h. Is Aston quick all around or only on tracks with long straights?

Weird thing. I have always driven Ferrari (160h game time), my best Spa lap time was 2.19.3. Today I tried different cars and got my best lap time to 2.18.8 with Aston, practice time less than 1h. Is Aston quick all around or only on tracks with long straights?
Different cars will have different BoP on certain tracks. Being quick over one lap will not help you win in ACC, you need solid consistency and a car you can push safely and trust with a balanced setup.
Hotlapping also ignores how tyres can heat up over a 2 or even 3 lap stint, never mind 30 minutes.

Different cars will have different BoP on certain tracks. Being quick over one lap will not help you win in ACC, you need solid consistency and a car you can push safely and trust with a balanced setup.
Hotlapping also ignores how tyres can heat up over a 2 or even 3 lap stint, never mind 30 minutes.

I’m very rarely hotlapping, only when I want to practice a track. New best time came in a race, that was really a surprise :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.