PC3 I dont think this game uses the madness engine

Just hear me out. Now this is a big theory I have. I found myself watching videos of both project cars 3 and dirt 5 on YouTube a month or so ago and noticed some big similarities in their menus. Graphical "qualities" and other things.

I took the plunge and bought pcars3 out of pure curiosity as to what it was really like.

Then dirt5 became available on gamepass on xbox so have been playing that also. The photo modes. Menus. Car selection screens, graphics are all the same yet pcars3 apparently runs on the madness engine and dirt5 the onrush engine.

084.png

Interesting, you would assume they would use the Madness engine - maybe there'll be another PC that does use it and the series goes like Forza, as in, one year Forza Motorsport and then another year Forza Horizon and in doing so caters for two different markets...

Or maybe not.

Interesting, you would assume they would use the Madness engine - maybe there'll be another PC that does use it and the series goes like Forza, as in, one year Forza Motorsport and then another year Forza Horizon and in doing so caters for two different markets...

Or maybe not.

Well Dirt5 i thought used the madness engine when it was first previewed but it apparently uses the same engine as the game onrush. Just the two games seem far too similar for it to be coincidence

From an interview with Joseph Barron, Marketing & esports Manager at Slightly Mad Studios

"Can you detail the main enhancements you've made to the MADNESS engine for Project CARS 3?

The first big thing on the engine side is CFR (Clustered Forward Rendered) lightning. This is a different lightning technology compared to what he had in the previous Project CARS titles, and it allows us to have a greater number of active light sources in a specific given area thereby significantly increasing the quantity of lights that our systems can handle without any negative impact on performance. We’ve also introduced screen space reflections to the engine which improve both the quality and performance of surface reflections on things like wet roads. The integration of our LiveTrack 3.0 technology—our atmospheric, weather, and road surface simulation—also performs better than ever before, particularly in wet and dark conditions. Our anti-aliasing has improved as well, and that’s particularly noticeable in photo mode, which means we’re really keen to see what our community of virtual motorsport photographers will capture in Project CARS 3!"

It is definitely the madness engine.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%