HPP PRX Pedals vs Asetek La Prima (Direct Experience Preferred)

New to the hobby, I am finishing building up my rig, and am replacing ClubSport v3's (which I also never used). I learned very early in the build that I should stick to my usual "buy once, cry once" mentality, as I have/am already replacing and upgrading things as I build. Main thing left: trying to get to a set of 3 pedals that I won't feel the need to upgrade later.

I managed to pick up a pair of HPP PRX pedals (as-is, in questionable condition) for a song. I bench tested them and the hydraulic brake works but makes sounds indicating it needs a rebuild (based on info gathered from other threads). The gas needs a new pot. I have gotten all of the gaskets and parts to do so, but the labor looks to be quite an adventure.

Simultaneously, I also jumped on Microcenter's TK (Asetek Non-S) sale, and picked up the La Prima set for $200.

The La Prima's are well reviewed, and there is an eventual (albeit not cheap) upgrade path to the 3 pedal Forte or Invicta's.

The PRX set was also a high end and well reviewed set, but they are old pedals...those reviews are around 7 years ago, and few and far between. Barry at SRG loved them. Assuming I can successfully rebuild the brake, I expect it would remain a quality set, but also: the likelihood of finding a matching clutch aren't very good. As it has a bodnar board, I could always add a non-matching clutch, but that is not ideal.

I will *not* have the PRX rebuilt/the rig done before the MicroCenter return period runs out, so "set them both up and see which one you like" isn't really an option. I can do that later, but then my only choice would be to sell off the Aseteks instead of walking away from them.

I need to commit to either set, and sell (or return) the other:

PRX:
Old High End
Needs Maintenance/Work
Brake - already hydraulic
Gas - already adjustable
Width adjustable
Finding a matching clutch nigh impossible ($$$$)
Non-matching clutch possible ($$-$$$)

La Prima:
New (Mid?) End
Brand New
Gas - upgrade to adjustable ($$ - requires $150 Forte upgrade)
Brake - upgrade to hydraulic ($$$ - requires $300 Invicta upgrade)
Not width adjustable
Matching clutch available ($$/$$$ - $150 La Prima/$300 Invicta)

So...long shot, has anyone had any direct experience with both pedals and able to weigh in here?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea