How to stop the AI racing three wide?

I'm trying and really struggling to figure out AMS 2 AI settings that make racing around my current skill level fun. I'm either running away with a race on the first lap, or I'm qualifying mid-pack and then getting mobbed by AI driving two or three wide in packs that I can't pass and are impossible to defend against.

The AI seems to *love* driving side by side in packs, never sorting into anything like a reasonable order and never ever backing out of taking a crazy unsafe line -- and never being punished for it either. Is there any way to set up the AI so that I don't have these packs? I'm finding it very frustrating.

(I'm currently doing an F3 championship at 100 difficulty. The AI was going in a pack three wide through Radillion and then catching me on the straight. Silverstone so far is worse. Fiddling with the setting, I think the side-by-side racing is worst at Max aggression, but I honestly don't know if that setting is doing anything.)

I think you should ask for some help in the official Reiza forum.
Because sometimes there is even positive remarks about the state of AI in AMS2 in there.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I never use the complete unintelligent AI bots in AMS2 because I dont want to waste my time that much.:roflmao:

I'm trying and really struggling to figure out AMS 2 AI settings that make racing around my current skill level fun. I'm either running away with a race on the first lap, or I'm qualifying mid-pack and then getting mobbed by AI driving two or three wide in packs that I can't pass and are impossible to defend against.

The AI seems to *love* driving side by side in packs, never sorting into anything like a reasonable order and never ever backing out of taking a crazy unsafe line -- and never being punished for it either. Is there any way to set up the AI so that I don't have these packs? I'm finding it very frustrating.

(I'm currently doing an F3 championship at 100 difficulty. The AI was going in a pack three wide through Radillion and then catching me on the straight. Silverstone so far is worse. Fiddling with the setting, I think the side-by-side racing is worst at Max aggression, but I honestly don't know if that setting is doing anything.)
You might be able to fiddle in the AI files, tho I have no idea how too.
This thread might give you some info.

Overall, the AI is still pretty poor and needs alot of work.
AI lines driving half on the grass, overall strength, troubles passing slower AI which causes 2 and 3 wide etc. Etc.
I've found they will have increased cornering grip and launch out of corners much faster than humans resulting in faster straight line speeds too.

Hopefully Reiza can sort the AI

They have some perks that unfortunately cant be fixed by us, like going into the grass and three wide into some corners. What you can try though is using a custom AI file and spread the race skill and consistency value of the drivers wider, so they dont bunch up so much.

You will still see some packs but you wont see a 10 car train of evenly matched drivers all jostling for position, which is very unrealistic in open wheel racing.

You have to have a custom AI file to do this...

But turn the Aggression and Defending down to 0.0 and the avoidance of mistakes down to 0.2-0.5...

Then you shouldn't get 3 wide at Indy... You can even control these parameters for Indy only...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back