how to choose the car parts?

Hello.

I have a car mod that shows different wheels and a rear spoiler in the CM showroom and "custom showroom"... but when I go to the race, the car comes without the rear spoiler and with different wheels (?) (with the same skin color).

How do I choose / change the car parts before the race?

ps: in the custom showroom / car params / animation there are a "CarWing" and "CarRearWing 2" I ticked but nothing happens.

Attachments

• sky1.jpg
    sky1.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 124
Is there an ext_config.ini present in the folder extension of the car? Sounds like there is a mesh replacement at work.
Yes the car has three ext_config.ini files.

The first one on the "extension\ext_config.ini"

and the mod car is avaiable in three colors: black, blue and white.
On the blue and white skins folders there are another "ext_config.ini".

note: the black doesn't have this ini file inside the folder and has the same wheels and rear spoiler as in the showroom preview.

Well, I dont know what is within those config files, bc I dont own every **** mod there is around. :)

For starters, the ext_config.ini within the skinfolders is for this skin exclusive. The ext_config.ini within the folder extension is for every skin of this specific car.

And possible there is a third one located in "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\" or "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\", the last named shouldnt be used anymore tho. :)

So there can be specific adjustments made:
- "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\" overrides and/or expands settings made in "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\"
- folder extension of the car overrides and/or expands settings made in both configurations named before
- ext_config.ini within a skin overrides and/or expands all prior settings

If the wing gets removed and the tires are changed with the black livery too, the adjustments to those elements are done within the folder extension. If the black livery still has those elements, check the ext_config.ini within the skins. You can simply rename those within the skins to smtg like ext_config.ini.bak or move them into another folder IF those contain the mesh replacement for the aero parts and the wheels.

FYI, the custom showroom gives a rats ass about those configs. :D

Last edited:
Hello Pfalzdriver, thanks for all the tips :)
now I understand the parameters, but I find it a bit difficult to change them.

Also I checked on "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\" or "Assetto Corsa\extension\config\cars\" and there are no more "ext_config.ini" for this car mod but I found the file ini file that works for the black car (with the wheels and rear spoiler): on this folder: "Assetto Corsa\content\cars\js_hcr32_gtst_public\extension" and the other *.ini is on \skins folders

note: If I just delete the "ext_config.ini" from the blue and white skins the cars get all the parameters from the black, including the color and it did not work. So to make the blue or white skins, with the wheels and the rear spoiler of the black car I should get all the necessary parameters from the "ext_config.ini" of the black skin file, just rename the skin name... I'll try to do it later.

Thank you!

Well, if you dont understand the data within the ext_config.ini, it will be hard task to archive what you want. :)

Just post the Ini of the blue skin inhere and I'll take a look.
Hello, sorry for the late reply.
I did it, following your tips. I got the "ext_config.ini" from black car, and just replaced the "[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]" parameters (from the blue and white cars). It worked fine!

"BLACK CAR":

[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
SpecularColor = 1
FlakesK = 1.6
ClearCoatThickness = 0.6
FresnelC = 0.06
SpecularMult = 0.55
AmbientSpecular = 4.5
BrightnessAdjustment = 0
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.9
SpecularBase = 0.8, 20
FresnelMax = 1.5