How to Attach Curved Monitor to Stand?

I'm looking to pickup the LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor (34GP63A-B, VA) from Amazon (on sale for just $249). I'm also looking to get the GT Omega ART Simulator Cockpit and their ART Simulator Single Monitor Mount. My question is, how would I attach this curver monitor to the mount? The manual for the monitor says that I can attach their LSW 149 wall mount plate to this monitor. The cheapest I found this plate was $162 from LG! There has to be a cheaper solution than this. Can anyone here please recommend an alternate method of attachment? I've included links to the products below. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor (34GP63A-B, VA)

ART Simulator Single Monitor Mount

LG Wall Mount

The spec sheet says the monitor needs a 100 x 100 mm wall mount; I would expect that to be a standard VESA mount.
The ART mount has adjustments for vertical spacing and one would assume that the holes in the mount rails would be set to match normal VESA spacing...

I cant see that you'd need the extra LG mount as that is only for mounting on a wall. Worst case would be that you'd have to add a couple of vertical strips between the rails on the ART mount to get the correct pitch.

That said you'll probably need to source or make a spacer(s) as the monitor mounting area looks to be recessed and you'll need longer screws to secure it.
Something like a square of 15mm MDF or plywood to fit into that recess and will be slightly proud so you have a flat mounting area.

Last edited:
The spec sheet says the monitor needs a 100 x 100 mm wall mount; I would expect that to be a standard VESA mount.
The ART mount has adjustments for vertical spacing and one would assume that the holes in the mount rails would be set to match normal VESA spacing...

I cant see that you'd need the extra LG mount as that is only for mounting on a wall. Worst case would be that you'd have to add a couple of vertical strips between the rails on the ART mount to get the correct pitch.

That said you'll probably need to source or make a spacer(s) as the monitor mounting area looks to be recessed and you'll need longer screws to secure it.
Something like a square of 15mm MDF or plywood to fit into that recess and will be slightly proud so you have a flat mounting area.
Thanks so much for the reply. Would this product do the job you think instead?

Mount-It Quick Release VESA Wall Mount

I'm looking to pickup the LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor (34GP63A-B, VA) from Amazon (on sale for just $249). I'm also looking to get the GT Omega ART Simulator Cockpit and their ART Simulator Single Monitor Mount. My question is, how would I attach this curver monitor to the mount? The manual for the monitor says that I can attach their LSW 149 wall mount plate to this monitor. The cheapest I found this plate was $162 from LG! There has to be a cheaper solution than this. Can anyone here please recommend an alternate method of attachment? I've included links to the products below. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor (34GP63A-B, VA)

ART Simulator Single Monitor Mount

LG Wall Mount

I have same stand and LG 34GN850-B.AAU.
Did not need a plate.
Even though it's curved monitor the back panel is flat.
The stand just butted up against the monitor, dead flat etc.
Had a look at your manual looks the same to me.

Don't link pages at the top of browser they are ads ( scroll down a bit )
Link the product page, if you scroll down you see manuals link.

Mine

P.S. Stand is very good imo, stable, wheels and locks work, adjusting width
and clamps works well, ample height adjustment, no issues for me.

You will need 4 screws, get split washers and washers for the stand slots.

Can take pic if you need

IMG_0187.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the reply. Would this product do the job you think instead?

Mount-It Quick Release VESA Wall Mount
That won't work without making up something else to secure it to the ART monitor mount frame.
It's designed to fix to a wall - it's only got two fixings on the back plate.

You'd need something like this IF you want to be able to adjust the angle the monitor is at in relation to the ART frame.

vesa mount.png

The slotted holes would however need to line up with those on the ART mount.
They will have to be 100mm x 100mm
The only way to check that is to get one and measure it... or visit your local DIY store with your and see what they have.
Standard VESA pitching is as below

vesa hole pattern.png

I have same stand and LG 34GN850-B.AAU.
Did not need a plate.
Even though it's curved monitor the back panel is flat.
The stand just butted up against the monitor, dead flat etc.
Had a look at your manual looks the same to me.

Don't link pages at the top of browser they are ads ( scroll down a bit )
Link the product page, if you scroll down you see manuals link.

Mine

P.S. Stand is very good imo, stable, wheels and locks work, adjusting width
and clamps works well, ample height adjustment, no issues for me.

You will need 4 screws, get split washers and washers for the stand slots.

Can take pic if you need

View attachment 709092

Thanks so much for sharing this with me! I really appreciate it very much.

That won't work without making up something else to secure it to the ART monitor mount frame.
It's designed to fix to a wall - it's only got two fixings on the back plate.

You'd need something like this IF you want to be able to adjust the angle the monitor is at in relation to the ART frame.

View attachment 709157

The slotted holes would however need to line up with those on the ART mount.
They will have to be 100mm x 100mm
The only way to check that is to get one and measure it... or visit your local DIY store with your and see what they have.
Standard VESA pitching is as below

View attachment 709158
Thanks so much for your reply.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play