How much brake force (in kg) do you use?

Hello guys,

I just got into iracing and have the heusinkveld ultimate plus's. I was wondering how much brake force do you guys use. This thread is not limited to heusinkveld pedals only, I wanted to get a general knowledge of what the community is using. I have seen some good iRacers use 40kg - 65kg but heusinkveld recommend a 120kg braking force for formula styled cars. Also, how stiff do you guys set your brakes, is it rock hard or do you like it with travel? Interested in what the community has to offer!

Thank you,
Christian

I use to run my CSL-ELITE LC pedals with 95 shore elastomers. But last week, I put the softest elastomers on the brake and told myself to try it for a month. After getting use to them, my braking has improved a lot. I can finally trail brake all the way to when I need to roll on the throttle. I haven't beat my best times yet, but braking feels very smooth now. Which is a good thing. If I need more or less brakes, its easy to adjust. And getting to the point where the brakes lock up, is easier to feel. I see why people like soft pedals.

I just got to get a set of pedals where I can adjust the brake to sit proud of the throttle.

I use a set of T-LCM pedals which the load cell is capable of support 100KG at 100%. I have settled on 45% so around 45KG. I do have a damaged left knee so I don't use more power but its more than adequate for controlling the braking force in my experience. I use a more progressive curve than the default springs as I use a spring + a TPU based elastomer, so I have a tweaked curve with some increased progression and it also allows me to reduce the throw of the pedal.

I have a "guide" of sorts in the T-LCM pedals thread I started as to what you need to be able to do with your pedal to consider it well setup and the generic advice in there is not specific to the T-LCMs at all.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea