Tracks How many poligons/Triangles is safe to use?

I'm creating a map but when i tried using 8K models and textures from Quixel after a while my Triangles went to 6M+ any knEditor can't handle than and crashes. What is the safe known poligon/triangle count for a track?

The actual limit is 65535 vertices or faces per object, but for any physical mesh (roads) you want to keep it under 20k and limit their total dimensions to under 500m. in terms of ingame performance it's more about keeping it under 2 million visible triangles than a total number. (on most vanilla content there's a million or so in grass but it all stops drawing 30-100m from the car so you only see some of it)

Disabling fbx settings can help import speed, especially animation options.

The actual limit is 65535 vertices or faces per object, but for any physical mesh (roads) you want to keep it under 20k and limit their total dimensions to under 500m. in terms of ingame performance it's more about keeping it under 2 million visible triangles than a total number. (on most vanilla content there's a million or so in grass but it all stops drawing 30-100m from the car so you only see some of it)

Disabling fbx settings can help import speed, especially animation options.
Interesting, didn't know that! I think I have my whole 5km+ track in, like, 5 total pieces. I've been meaning to update the phys mesh anyways, so I'll try to integrate this suggestion :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.