How is the AI?

How are the AI in this game? Do they make pitstops? That's very important to me as I'm looking for a sim in which I can do f1 stuff from different eras

They do make pitstops and for the most part I have found the AI ok to race against, but I have found their overall behaviour varies greatly from track to track. They seem to work better when the aggression is on the higher side (60%+), but I still see the odd messed up start where they all bunch up and everything grinds to a halt for a bit. I'd say I have probably seen less problems on the official content, but I haven't actually logged anything, so that's highly subjective

They do make pitstops and for the most part I have found the AI ok to race against, but I have found their overall behaviour varies greatly from track to track. They seem to work better when the aggression is on the higher side (60%+), but I still see the odd messed up start where they all bunch up and everything grinds to a halt for a bit. I'd say I have probably seen less problems on the official content, but I haven't actually logged anything, so that's highly subjective
Thanks man!

+1 on the track dependancy.

Some tracks are great, Bathurst ( Kunos) is a hot mess, especially in the Esses.

Pitstops are interesting, I was trying to do 5 laps Nordschleife in the MX5Cup, with 45 l no problem,
but the AI kept pitting instead of using a full tank.

@GPstoner suggested to use the app AC Cartuner to adjust size and fill of the tank and that works.
so with a little fiddling you can get the pitstops how you want it.

Some advice here:

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back