How does ACC VR work?

I start sim game loads me into a pitbox. A iwndow is there to select main menu. But I have nothing to select that with... No mouse cursor and no buttons seem to do anything..... Help.

It sucks having to go back and forth.... But I think i'm going to have to just to adjust things like the hud..... It's like right in my face and block my view. I have no doubt this will be fixed. But I guess that's what you have to live with in early releases..... But damn, I do love VR.......

All I get when I choose ACC in VR is a sort of cinema screen showing the game in 2D in my WMR device, exactly as it appears on the PC screen. I am new to VR, so perhaps I am missing something here. Is there some additional setup?

It sucks having to go back and forth.... But I think i'm going to have to just to adjust things like the hud..... It's like right in my face and block my view. I have no doubt this will be fixed. But I guess that's what you have to live with in early releases..... But damn, I do love VR.......

Not a big deal to use the wheel buttons to navigate IMO, would prefer the mouse but not a real issue for me and it all worked fine on my first go.

To get the hud out of your face just move it, I moved it behind me so I didn't have to see it since I couldn't get it to a size/position that I found pleasing (need to tinker more, just wanted to drive last night). I forget which is which but ctrl+left/right arrows and ctrl+shift+left/right arrows adjust the size and position of the hud. Ctrl+up/down arrows and ctrl+shift+up/down arrows adjust the seat up/down and back/forward.

All I get when I choose ACC in VR is a sort of cinema screen showing the game in 2D in my WMR device, exactly as it appears on the PC screen. I am new to VR, so perhaps I am missing something here. Is there some additional setup?

If you're referring to when the game first loads and you're looking at a kind of garage area, hit ctrl+space to recenter your view and then you should see the menu and can use your wheel buttons to navigate the options. I didn't need any additional setup, just selected the play in VR option from Steam, though I did have to start Steam VR and Oculus Home first for some reason but I think that's an issue with my system and not with the game, maybe.

If you're referring to when the game first loads and you're looking at a kind of garage area, hit ctrl+space to recenter your view and then you should see the menu and can use your wheel buttons to navigate the options. I didn't need any additional setup, just selected the play in VR option from Steam, though I did have to start Steam VR and Oculus Home first for some reason but I think that's an issue with my system and not with the game, maybe.

Not quite, I managed to recenter and even got to the track, but I still see the game in 2D as if projected on a cinema screen - in fact, it actually IS a cinema screen, which I can recenter, resize and reshape. No way to get inside the car in 3D like in AC. Could it be that ACC is not compatible with WMR?

helloo... i have a problem :((
today oculus rift has update ...
in ACC VR... set normal hud and help... text is duplicated (one is normal and other is in front and is moving with headset)...

Not quite, I managed to recenter and even got to the track, but I still see the game in 2D as if projected on a cinema screen - in fact, it actually IS a cinema screen, which I can recenter, resize and reshape. No way to get inside the car in 3D like in AC. Could it be that ACC is not compatible with WMR?

No idea, I'm a Rift user and always will be. I expected problems but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have any real ones (and my system is notorious for having problems) so I'm not real sure how to go about trouble-shooting anything yet.

[QUOTE = "David Brock, post: 2844305, member: 4593"] Je commence le jeu de simulation me charge dans un pitbox. Un iwndow est là pour sélectionner le menu principal. Mais je n'ai rien pour sélectionner cela avec ... Aucun curseur de souris et aucun bouton ne semble faire quoi que ce soit ..... Aide. [/ QUOTE]
J'ai le même problème.

My wheel has only 2 buttons, I can get to the garage in VR but I can't navigate the menu without a mouse , Is it really so difficult to add mouse support? i can't enter track, , I can't assign menu navigation buttons , any help would be great. Cheers

I'm sorry I doubt I can help your problem, but I can answer the last question. I use WMR (Acer) and I got it working.

Only thing I can think of from your posts; How are you launching ACC? Are you doing it through a virtual desktop in the Windows "cliff house"?

What I'm doing is I'm getting my headset plugged in, then launching SteamVR, then on the desktop manually launching ACC from inside Steam and choosing VR, then it launches in the headset.

My wheel has only 2 buttons, I can get to the garage in VR but I can't navigate the menu without a mouse , Is it really so difficult to add mouse support? i can't enter track, , I can't assign menu navigation buttons , any help would be great. Cheers
Does it have flappy paddles?
Does it have an accelerator, brake and clutch?
If so then there are 5 extra buttons there.

Fire the game up in normal desktop mode, go to controls and assign the navigation buttons to any of the above.
I use my flappy paddles to accept and go back, and the buttons on my wheel to go left, right, up, down and back and forth as I have 6 buttons.
If fact, you even be able to use your steering wheel and gearstick too (but not certain).

Some new error I cant solve, the UI is at an angle (about 45 degrees turned) nothing helped so far, recentering centers my view perfectly, but not the HUD; UI elements, radio messages etc.
Deinstalled ACC, reinstalled it, did a file check (nothing came up), still all elements at 45 degrees.

This is how my vrSettings.json (C:\Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config) looks like
{
"mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
"mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
"mainMenuLayerType": 1,
"raceMenuLayerDistance": 25,
"raceMenuLayerSize": 55,
"raceMenuLayerType": 1,
"hUDLayerDistance": 20,
"hUDLayerSize": 50,
"hUDLayerType": 1,
"spectatorScreenMode": 5
}

Some VR user able to share their vrSettings.json ? (preferably Vive Pro, but any other will help I guess)

I further changed the engine.ini as mentioned elsewhere, what a difference regarding sharpness, reading the dashboard is now possible, and for the first time I could spot the red / green lights at the start.

Still got fatal errors at about 30min, no matter what I race (quickrace, hotstint, all crashed)

Otherwise, the driving is fun now (with the active dampening at 100%, gain at 85%, TM TX Sparco) the FFB feels really nice.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.