Apps How Do You Keep Track of Everything?

How long after installing a new Mod do you move on to the next new one?

• After 1 week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I recently decided to make the move to Windows 11 on my Gaming PC and did a complete fresh install from a USB drive. All of my paid and free AC mods were safely stored on another SSD drive. Over the years I’ve accumulated and installed tons of tracks and cars such that my AC folder was absolutely enormous. I’ve reinstalled AC Ultimate and I’m hesitating on installing mods as I’m realizing just how many cars and tracks come with the game. I’m eventually going to install mods, especially my paid for Race Sim Studio cars. My question is, does anyone here use some type of system to keep track of all of your mods as you install them? I know I’ve installed ones that weren’t all that good or had problems and were never used again. It would be helpful for future reference to know this I would think. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback provided.

Roger

The Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition comes with all of the DLCs which includes 178 meticulously detailed vehicles - their handling and performance modeling taken from real track data & telemetry - and 19 legendary circuits (including Spa Francorchamps, Nürburgring-Nordschleife, Laguna Seca & many others) with 40 different track configurations. Here on RD in the AC Downloads section there are currently 514 cars and 2K+ in tracks. How many people here have driven all 178 of the cars that come with AC Ultimate Edition and driven all 40 track configurations? I know I haven't. I'm not arguing agianst mods. I love the massive free roams like Sutoku and the incredible detailed paid mods from Race Sim Studio. I've decided for myself personally, this time around, I'm going to exhaust the included Kunos content before installing gigabytes of Mods that many I honestly try once or twice and never go back to.

Kunos content is awsome and even more with csp magic so i have no doubt u will have always great time behind their steer wheels.

Thats what i drive the most even owning like you clearly too much mods^^ mainly because its the easiest way to find friends or crowded servers with basic content every one owns.

I usually download and try new mods, if its good i keep it, if not it goes on garbage. Then 2/3 times per year when ssd almost full i do big cleaning of my library car/track by deleting everything i m sure i wont drive anymore or because the 3d model is not optimized and/or encrypted.

I love so much some brands and their cars than i have plenty version of them with various configs(>10) stock/streeted(with grip,drift,tuned datas)/race/wagon(stock, tuned, drift grip)/convertible(...)/tuned(...) etc etc and i will never delete them^^ Have spend more time to mod than to drive for few of them lol
Some tracks are gorgeous so its always good to take a drive on it sometimes when u wish to even if its 1 time all 6 months.

I usually drive mods online with friends on private servers almost everyday depending what we want, track, cars, condition, traffic, race Ai etc

I've got about a hundred cars in my install and about 20 tracks. Yep, that's smaller than the base game (if you include the DLC), I've deleted a lot of that content.

As for how long, that's a fairly irrelevant question; it depends what's out there and what quality it is. I have a selection of grids in my install:

- mid 60s prototypes
- early 60s GTs
- mid 60s GTs
- late 60s GTs
- late 60s prototypes
- early 70s GTs
- early 70s touring
- 1923 GP cars
- late 60s touring

And a few other single-seat oddballs like Stereo's awesome Russell FF car, the RSS Formula 70 and the odd 30s bobbin.

You can call that either 'close minded' or 'focused' but it's what's been fun for me the last couple of years.

So if something enhances the grids I've got installed, amazing - I don't care if it was a week or 6 months since I last drove something new. And when I do, I don't mind deleting something if it doesn't immerse me, though if a car looks great but doesn't drive so good, no problem; it enhances my immersion when the AI use it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.