How can something that seems so simple, be so difficult?

I''ve been playing around with AC for a week or two now, getting mods loaded, my rig and FFB set up and calibrated, etc. I'm running VR with a reverb G2, Ryzen 5600x, and RX 6750XT.

Anyway, I'm trying to get rid of the head shaking in cockpit view. After hours of searching, reading, downloading and tweaking RHM and Neck FX, and trying everything I can find... still no luck.

The closest I've come is with RHM, but by the time I get the shaking under control, I get spiky artifacts... like the "edges" of the movements, if that makes any sense. Locking to the horizon helps, but then you are... well locked to the horizon and not the track surface angle.

Why, why, WHY ... is there not a simple global slider somewhere called "Head shake effects:" 0% to 100%? Or am I and about 68686868234 people just not seeing it? :)

Last edited:
1710170413403.png
you mean these?

No, those do absolutely nothing at all to change the amount of head shaking in VR, as far as I have noticed. I've set them to 0, locked, etc. No change.
Alright, I think I know what your problem is here: You're not experiencing 'head shaking effects'. With everything set to zero and "lock camera to horizon" turned off, the virtual camera is locked to a fixed position in the car. What you're seeing is the car shaking, without any motion compensation or stabilization effects.

If you want to get rid of that, the best way is to lock the camera to the horizon and work your way up from there.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea