Heusinkveld Seq Shifter mis-shifts only in AC

As per title I seem to have suddenly developed an issue where my HE shifter mis-shifts (ie upshift doesn't register) but only in Assetto Corsa - works fine in other games eg AMS2 and no issues showing in Windows game controller when shifting so guess it must be an AC issue - have tried recommended options in Content Manager such as binding correct keyboard settings and even changing gearshift debounce settings - any ideas much appreciated as am at a loss!

Last edited:
Hi Gerben - thanks for responding, I've put it back to default 50ms for now but have tried various settings from 0-100ms, however I thought the setting was to prevent accidental extra shifts rather than missed shifts so didn't give it too much attention. It's strange as AMS2 works perfectly. I'll double check I haven't changed any settings in CM / CSP that could be affecting it as I'm pretty certain this is not an issue with the shifter itself...

• Deleted member 197115

Is it a downshift protection by any chance?

• Deleted member 197115

Is that the only and primary thing assign to shift or secondary. IIRC AC vanilla only supported single assignment and CM added extra option. Also make sure that combine with keyboard is not checked. Do you have SimHub Controllers plugin enabled by any chance?
1691098899613.png

Hi Andrew - no SimHub Controllers plugin, but I tried the single assignment setup and keyboard checkbox and that's fixed it - thank you! Weird thing is it's worked absolutely fine since I had the shifter with dual assignments and combine with keyboard checked, so perhaps it's a CSP / CM update that's somehow affected it. @Enzo Fazzi - it's every car as far as I've tested, but seems to be all good now as above :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Try mapping keyboard keys (such as A / Z) to the keyboard binding in CM, then use an app (I use joytokey, very good app for sim racing titles) to map those keys (A / Z) to your shifter UP/DOWN bindings. This will make the shifter act as if you're pressing the keyboard keys. See what happens then.

As per title I seem to have suddenly developed an issue where my HE shifter mis-shifts (ie upshift doesn't register) but only in Assetto Corsa - works fine in other games eg AMS2 and no issues showing in Windows game controller when shifting so guess it must be an AC issue - have tried recommended options in Content Manager such as binding correct keyboard settings and even changing gearshift debounce settings - any ideas much appreciated as am at a loss!
I've got exactly the same problem with missed upshifts (and, I think, downshifts) using sequential shifters. I only use AC but it sounds like the issue is unique to that sim.
I had a similar problem a few years ago and solved it simply by remapping the keyboard bindings to different keys, but the issue recently came back and I've tried all sorts of keyboard bindings with no success. Like you, I also tried a plethora of different debounce settings.
I have a Fanatec Clubsport shifter and a separate sequential shifter (your old one!), and also want to use paddles when appropriate, so it seems I have to use secondary bindings and 'combine with keyboard' to keep all options available.
In CM/Assetto Corsa/Controls, no shifts are missed at all when testing the sequential shifter in the setup menu. It'll hit 1000/1000, up or down, all day long. The mis-shifts only happen while driving out on the track. This made me consider EMI from my DDW, but rerouting cables and using different USB cables and ports made no difference. I've also tried a few different sequential shifters and all have the same problem - even the 'sequential mode' on the Clubsport shifter falls foul.
Has anyone managed to find a solution for when secondary bindings and 'combine with keyboard' are needed, or is this one that Ilja must resolve? At the moment, using a sequential shifter is far too hit-and-miss to be practical.

Last edited:
I've got exactly the same problem with missed upshifts (and, I think, downshifts) using sequential shifters. I only use AC but it sounds like the issue is unique to that sim.
I had a similar problem a few years ago and solved it simply by remapping the keyboard bindings to different keys, but the issue recently came back and I've tried all sorts of keyboard bindings with no success. Like you, I also tried a plethora of different debounce settings.
I have a Fanatec Clubsport shifter and a separate sequential shifter (your old one!), and also want to use paddles when appropriate, so it seems I have to use secondary bindings and 'combine with keyboard' to keep all options available.
In CM/Assetto Corsa/Controls, no shifts are missed at all when testing the sequential shifter in the setup menu. It'll hit 1000/1000, up or down, all day long. The mis-shifts only happen while driving out on the track. This made me consider EMI from my DDW, but rerouting cables and using different USB cables and ports made no difference. I've also tried a few different sequential shifters and all have the same problem - even the 'sequential mode' on the Clubsport shifter falls foul.
Has anyone managed to find a solution for when secondary bindings and 'combine with keyboard' are needed, or is this one that Ilja must resolve? At the moment, using a sequential shifter is far too hit-and-miss to be practical.
Yes I still have the issue with my Clubsport shifter - In the end I just made up a separate config with paddles as the main and vice versa, bit of a pain as it worked fine for ages and then one day just didn't!

Yes I still have the issue with my Clubsport shifter - In the end I just made up a separate config with paddles as the main and vice versa, bit of a pain as it worked fine for ages and then one day just didn't!
Yes, I was hoping to avoid that if possible but it might be a necessary evil.
For the time being at least.
Shame, it worked perfectly well for years.
*Gallic shrug*

I had exactly the same issue, and feared it was the shifter, as there are known issues, Did all sorts of cleaning/repairing/changing usb inputs etc. Seemed to work for a while then back to missed shifts. Similarly, I traced it down to having a combined input for paddle shift.

Did the same as above and made a second profile in controller config in CM, and both have been fine for months now. Must be a conflict in later CSP's?

Last edited:
This has been an issue for a long time. Can't remember wich csp update it started with but it was many many months ago.
I have simagic shifter. Shifter was working perfectly but steering wheel paddles shifts didn't register most of the times unless if i pulled it again and again.
You have to make separate profiles in content manager. 1 with paddles and 1 with sq shifter.
Just make sure the combine with keyboard options is turned off

A user on the CSP discord posted what finally seems to be a solution to the problem of missed sequential shifts in Assetto Corsa when having h-pattern, paddles and sequential shifter all mapped to the same control profile.
Basically, map the paddle shifters in the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/BUTTONS tab (along with the h-pattern mapping) and keep 'combine with keyboard' UNTICKED.

Screenshot (85).png

Then map your sequential shifter in the SECOND column of the CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/PATCH tab.

Screenshot (84).png

This means you should now only need one controller profile with h-pattern, paddles and sequential all working as intended, and no need to swap profiles when changing between a paddleshift car and one with a sequential shifter.

Last edited:
I'm having this problem too. It has started today. I found this thread because I have an HE shifter too, which has been working perfect until now, and it still is.

I've followed the instructions provided by @Mascot, but I've founded a funny thing. I have the latest version of CM (13/02/2024) and it hasn't those options on patch config.
For now, I've set only HE shifter as secuential and the first try was perfect, 0 missed shifts, so many thanks for the advice.

1713630916415.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea