Help me love the GT3 cars

I bought the GT3 cars a while ago and had a little play with them but didn't take to them.

I came back to rF2 for the McLarens which I loved driving, the FFB was so alive and communicative.

So I thought I'd give the GT3 cars another go and ... still nothing.

There's just so little life in the wheel (a Thrustmaster T300RS) - driving them is just dull for me.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could liven them up a bit?

Make sure that your ffb is not clipping. Best way to do so is to get the motec plugin and just add the ffb output onto a worksheet in motec.
Besides that the ffb is very subtle on my t300 with the new cars released. But I prefer that to heavy ffb.

Best way to do so is to get the motec plugin and just add the ffb output onto a worksheet in motec.
Not anymore, the best way nowadays is to get SimHub with the up-to-date rF2 shared memory plugin and add an FFB data widget to your dashboard/overlay :)

But they are very close to perfect with the FFB multiplier set to default 1.0. You may want to lower it a few clicks with some of them, but nothing major. So clipping is not likely to be the reason here. I'd say OP just expects something different than what they offer, even though I wouldn't describe the FFB as dull or subtle, it is definitely somewhat less pronounced.

it is odd, because many more people have complained about the Merc's ffb. It sends light forces to the wheel when the other cars send more, especially during high speed and long corners.
The GT3 concept is a somewhat safe stable platform that is much heavier and has less power than the F1 Historics you enjoy. So it will seem much more tame than the cutting edge cars just released. I suggest you reduce the downforce as much as you can cope with and try driving them again. They will never approach the ferocity of the F1 cars, but they can produce gratifying racing. Remember also when working on setups...Two of the cars(Mclaren & Bentley) have Ohlin shocks/damper and those numbers are reversed compared to the rest of the GT3 fleet.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.