Help !!! How to rise a car from the ground

TZ2 low.jpg
Hi friends

I've always liked the Alfa TZ2, I have this car in my AC, it runs more or less well, but when I race against others or watching replays I see that it's much too low for a car of that period !!!

I'd like to rise it a few cm. (without touching the physics, only optically) Which file must I edit to do this?

Thanks a lot boys
veryhappy.gif

Last edited:
You need to adjust this section in suspensions.ini:

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=0
SUSP_LF=0.00
WHEEL_RF=0
SUSP_RF=-0.00
WHEEL_LR=0
SUSP_LR=0.00
WHEEL_RR=0
SUSP_RR=-0.00

... specifically the SUSP bits, looks like. Move those inboard and I bet they clear the wheel again.

You need to adjust this section in suspensions.ini:

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=0
SUSP_LF=0.00
WHEEL_RF=0
SUSP_RF=-0.00
WHEEL_LR=0
SUSP_LR=0.00
WHEEL_RR=0
SUSP_RR=-0.00

... specifically the SUSP bits, looks like. Move those inboard and I bet they clear the wheel again.
ok, so i did that but in the showroom it looks like it would, but ingame its still glitchy, what can i do?

ok, so i did that but in the showroom it looks like it would, but ingame its still glitchy, what can i do?

It should work fine in game... make sure you have "Align wheels to data" set in CM showroom's options, that way you're seeing how it will look in game. If you adjust it properly with that setting, I don't see any reason it shouldn't work in game.

Last edited:
It should work fine in game... make sure you have "Align wheels to data" set in CM showroom's options, that way you're seeing how it will look in game. If you adjust it properly with that setting, I don't see any reason it shouldn't work in game.
its with the "align using data" option on and still is normal in the showroom but in game map it looks like this

Attachments

• wheel.png
    wheel.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 55
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but... do you have a data.acd file in the car folder? Game will prioritize that over an open data folder if both exist.

Otherwise there's no reason it shouldn't work. Maybe just try moving it farther inboard than you need to in showroom to see if it works?

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but... do you have a data.acd file in the car folder? Game will prioritize that over an open data folder if both exist.

Otherwise there's no reason it shouldn't work. Maybe just try moving it farther inboard than you need to in showroom to see if it works?
ok i'll try it, and yes, i packed the data.acd, i'll try to remove it and see how it goes

ok i'll try it, and yes, i packed the data.acd, i'll try to remove it and see how it goes

If you packed it after your changes it shouldn't make a difference, but if you change things with a packed ACD present, your changes won't show up in game. That's all. :thumbsup:

(I promise you that every single physics modder has run into that "issue" more than once over the years. Ha.)

Last edited:
If you packed it after your changes it shouldn't make a difference, but if you change things with a packed ACD present, your changes won't show up in game. That's all. :thumbsup:

(I promise you that every single physics modder has run into that "issue" more than once over the years. Ha.)
even without the acd and only the changes in the data folder it is still like that

Attachments

• ok.png
    ok.png
    665.2 KB · Views: 44
I have a similar question but figured this would be easier now in 2021.

My default.jpg photo is how the car appears in game. When I enable "align using data", this is how it appears in game.

I make changes and then select "update model". I close out of the Content Manager Showroom. It looks correct, referring to the correct.jpg photo - then I select "align using data" and it goes back to default. Even after "update model" the changes are not actually sticking. In game there is no change.

This is very frustrating because there are many cars that I need to adjust, especially for camber. Is there any way to make these changes without changing thousands of line items? I am adjusting front heights, rear, front camber, rear camber, front and rear widths at times. That is a lot of information to manually attempt for hundreds of cars. Plus by simply changing values in notepad I will not know if the number is correct until I test, each time - which means it would take a very, very long time to actually process changes.

Given that it is 2021 there has to be a way to make actual adjustments to the cars in a "visual sense" rather than having to manually edit .ini files for each value.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Correct.JPG
    Correct.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 50
  • default.JPG
    default.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 50
This is very frustrating because there are many cars that I need to adjust, especially for camber. Is there any way to make these changes without changing thousands of line items? I am adjusting front heights, rear, front camber, rear camber, front and rear widths at times. That is a lot of information to manually attempt for hundreds of cars. Plus by simply changing values in notepad I will not know if the number is correct until I test, each time - which means it would take a very, very long time to actually process changes.

Welcome to physics modding! :thumbsup:

If you just want to change the visuals, use graphic offset in car.ini.

If you want to mess with the actual physics in suspensions.ini, yeah, that's how it works. Also bear in mind that any constraints on setup ranges in setup.ini will override whatever you do in suspensions, so be sure you're not trying to exceed a limit that won't allow your changes to show up.

And finally, CM showroom can be buggy with 'align to data' so it's not always reliable. If you really want to see how it looks in game, check it in game. The test pad or skidpad tracks are ideal, they load quickly and are perfectly level.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.