Has anyone seen "Senna, Beyond the Speed of Sound"?

A very remarkable, very touching documentary. I've never truly known his whole story but i watched it last night and from his crash on till the end of documentary,@30 mins left i cried uncontrollably till the end of show. I have no shame in admitting that i cried.

A very remarkable, very touching documentary. I've never truly known his whole story but i watched it last night and from his crash on till the end of documentary,@30 mins left i cried uncontrollably till the end of show. I have no shame in admitting that i cried.

Me too. Really great documentary. I was too young for the Senna years so it was really nice to learn about this great man.

I loved the Prost-Senna fights. Great documentary indeed (It was on theaters in Turkey last year)

Also that sentence was great: 'The best decision is my decision :D '

Without this documentary i could'nt have seen Senna's time as i was a very little child back then. Thanks to producers. Also the music with the death of Senna was too saddenning. I had chills.

By the way anyone have the epic music when Prost-Senna duels in Suzuka? (The Thrilling Music With the violin)

I need to watch it sometime. Hiro, I also cried for Senna when I was 14 in '04. I cry for him when I mention him. What sucks for me is that I was four years old and very autistic so I never got to watch him race. :frown:

I watched the film yesterday and at many points, I was a bit moved, especially after Prost crashed into Senna intentionally. And I fully understand Senna did the same thing to Prost. And the amount of bad luck was really huge in the Senna's accident, but it happens (especially in road racing) and as a racing driver, Senna knew very well that there is a constant danger. Great driver, great personality, it's a shame he didn't live until these days.

I watched some sort of leaked "beta" version of the movie, it has much less senna clips, long interviews and the sound volumes were badly synced, yet i watched the whole thing and i went from not knowing anything about senna to have big respect for him and i think his skills in terms of handling a car and knowing what it takes to be fastest is really great

After watching the movie again I found this interview with Terry Fullerton, the racing driver praised by Senna:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/other-...rwich_man_ayrton_senna_had_to_follow_1_911758

Fullerton:

“I raced against Prost for a number of years in karting, before Senna, and he wasn’t even in the game. You’d just catch him, pass him and forget about it.

“Mansell was another, he never won a thing in karts either.

“But Senna was the most gifted I ever raced against. It was good to measure myself against him.

“He is a driver that comes along once in a lifetime, that one. People have said to me ‘Keep your eye out for the next Senna’.

“Well, you’ll be keeping your eye out for a long time before your find that, believe me.

“He was just the best driver, head and shoulders above the others.”

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea