GTR2 HQ VS Reborn Project VS NAP VS Get Real

Which GTR2 default cars' physics mod do you like most?

• High Quality (HQ)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Reborn Project (RP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advanced Physics Mod (NAP)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Get Real (GR)

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone have any thoughts/comparisons between the following 4 mods which all claim to substantially improve the default cars (and tracks in some cases) of GTR2?:
  • High Quality (HQ)
  • Reborn Project (RP)
  • Advanced Physics Mod (NAP)
  • Get Real (GR)
I did some quick testing of HQ and RP a couple years back and, while I didn't test them enough to decide which I liked better, I definitely enjoyed both over the default/vanilla cars.

Please share any opinions, experiences, or comparisons of the cars in GTR2's HQ, RP, NAP, and GR mods.

P.S. If people can mention the latest version they're aware of, that would be great.

Last edited:
In case you are not aware, switching between HQ/Reborn and NAP takes literally 20 seconds in HQ patch, it now has GTR2_Setup.cmd that allows quickly switching any options, including physics and track tweaks. My 2cents I use NAP, because it has a .pdf explaining what was changed and changes make sense. GR looks very promising but since it is not part of HQ I did not get to test it yet.

Last edited:
In case you are not aware, switching between HQ/Reborn and NAP takes literally 20 seconds in HQ patch, it now has GTR2_Setup.cmd that allows quickly switching any options, including physics and track tweaks. My 2cents I use NAP, because it has a .pdf explaining what was changed and changes make sense. GR looks very promising but since it is not part of HQ I did not get to test it yet.
When you say HQ patch, you're referring to the 16th Anniversary Patch, yes? I believe the HQ Mods Collection that GTR233 was releasing/updating alongside the Anniversary Patch was stopped and all updates are now solely in the Anniversary Patch. I'm not 100% sure of this, I'm just speculating. I PM'd GTR233 for clarification. I know the HQ Mods Collection used to have some mods/updates that the Anniversary Patch did not contain.

Last edited:
When you say HQ patch, you're referring to the 16th Anniversary Patch, yes? I believe the HQ Mods Collection that GTR233 was releasing/updating alongside the Anniversary Patch was stopped and all updates are now solely in the Anniversary Patch. I'm not 100% sure of this, I'm just speculating. I PM'd GTR233 for clarification. I know the HQ Mods Collection used to have some mods/updates that the Anniversary Patch did not contain.
Yes, I must admit HQ Mods Collection situation is confusing. GTR233 is taking a break, but maybe he'll get back and will clarify the situation. My guess all got merged into HQ Anniversary.

However, speaking of physics, 16th HQ Anniversary Patch contains it all (but not GR). Considering that GTR2 is xcopyable game, I would suggest creating a new GTR2 drop and simply try :)

Speaking of physics, I rarely play FIA GT 2003/2004. What I really like physics wise is DTM 2O18 and GTE 2018 cars from trackaholics. They are of course different cars and it all is subjective, but maybe would interest you.

Last edited:
Thanks!

I never realised NAP mod was also included, I thought only RP & HQ were. That's pretty sweet.

The newest version of the HQ Mods Collection I have is 9.3..."GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION v9_3 by GTR233 and friends". Do you know if a newer version was released before GTR233 stopped updating it? It looks like the entire section was taken down from RD (so frustrating) so I can't verify.

The newest version of DurgeDriven's Essentials pack I have is 2.6..."GTR2 ESSENTIALS v2_6 by DurgeDriven". Do you know if a newer version was released? It looks like that entire section was also taken down from RD.

Last edited:
You should add a poll to get more/quicker results

I tried NAP at one point and it just felt like 'less grip is more realistic' but admittedly I didn't dive the docs like The Iron Wolf did.

I did read the docs first for Get Real Physics which may explain why I connected with it.

Can't remember what I thought of Reborn or HQ physics.

Last edited:
Seems a little bit too off topic Durge :)

You should write up a new post with easy instructions for everyone. I'd link to it.

I would suggest creating a new GTR2 drop and simply try .... They are of course different cars and it all is subjective

That's it in a nutshell.

Each mod is one person's (or a small group's) concept of what GTR2 should be, and for each as many people will praise it as condemn it. Try them all, if you have the time and inclination, and see which, if any, improves your experience.

That's it in a nutshell.

Each mod is one person's (or a small group's) concept of what GTR2 should be, and for each as many people will praise it as condemn it. Try them all, if you have the time and inclination, and see which, if any, improves your experience.
Absolutely. Can't wait to really get into them and compare them all.

I played with the Get Real mod (version 1.1, I think, so not the latest) some months ago, and I enjoyed it. You could feel the differences between cars, and in my opinion, made some of them more drivable (less understeery and more natural). Also, I liked how you struggle with cars that also struggled in real life. For example, the Porsche 993 GT2 can barely keep with the more modern, but less powerful Porsche 996 GT3 R/RS, and the same happened in real life. This made me enjoy the driving the car, as you try to defend your position in a GT against N-GT cars. I'm sure that the new update improved the mod even more, but right now i'm not in the mood to play sim racing games (and my setup is less than ideal, too).

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea