GTR2 grey cars

Hey guys,

I did a fresh re-install of GTR2 recently and unfortunately all the Porsche and Ferrari cars have all gone grey on their skins when racing and are not selectable in the driving menu.

Was working fine before I re-installed it. On the previous install it was also using Steam install as well.

I have seen on the internet that this is some recurring issue with the Steam install. However, the suggested fixes look like they may cause mismatch issues with online. Has anyone been able to fix this using Steam?

When Steam acquired the rights to the game they did not see fit to renew the licensing on those two cars. There are several patches available that correct this.

If you even have a mid-range PC, you should be interested by downloading and installing @GTR233 GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0
All those kind of problems will be solved and moreover you'll have a HQ GTR2 version

Have a look Here at RD

This + Crew Chief is one of the best solution as you correct problems and moreover get more of your GTR2

NB: but the Online side will remain the problem.

Last edited:
The easiest way to fix this to install Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin. It literally involves copying 2 .dll files that's it. Not only it will fix grey car, it will fix texture flickering (z-fighting), reduce memory usage, improve performance and fix several other bugs without any additional configuration. Keep in mind that CCGEP adds tons of new features to the game, but they are mostly optional and users may enable what they want ;)

Last edited:
The easiest way to fix this to install Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin. It literally involves copying 2 .dll files that's it. Not only it will fix grey car, it will fix texture flickering (z-fighting), reduce memory usage, improve performance and fix several other bugs without any additional configuration. Keep in mind that CCGEP adds tons of new features to the game, but they are mostly optional and users may enable what they want ;)
Unfortunately, it failed to install for me when using the Steam GTR2.exe file. I gave up after that.

Unless there is a non msi way of installing crew chief where it allows you to just drop it into the plugins folder

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.8%