GT7 GT7 as Super GT sim?

I've long been curious about how well Gran Turismo 7 could serve as a Super GT simulator (the Japanese series, not the YouTuber :roflmao:). Since it's, to my knowledge, the only officially licensed game in recent years to feature new(ish) GT500 and GT300 cars. It has several Japanese circuits - and may possibly feature more over time, given that past GT games have featured other Japanese tracks like Motegi. GT7 also has great rain and changeable conditions, which can feature very highly in Super GT races.

I figure there's three ways GT7 could do this. Doing endurance, changeable weather multiclass events restricted to GT500 Gr. 2 cars and GT300/Gr. 3 cars at Japanese circuits:
  1. In single player (i.e. from the Cafe) with AI as a formal "event"
  2. As a custom race with AI
  3. In multiplayer, preferably with a league of people balanced across GT500 and GT300 (I'm admittedly most intrigued by this idea)
I don't have GT7. Those who do, are any of these 3 possibilities genuine options? Or is this just a pipe dream? What are the advantages and limitations of each?

I assume the biggest restriction is the limit on the number of AI that can be on circuit or the number of people who can be in a server racing - does anyone know what these limits are?

#1 is currently not in the game. Thankfully...

#2 is doable with the custom grid feature added to custom races in GT7. As long as you own all of the cars, you can have a race with all three 2016 GT500 cars represented + the 2021 GT300 BRZ and any GT3 spec cars you think fit in. This may take some effort in tuning every car to BoP standard for their class if you want to keep the racing close, and you can also change the AI driver names. Grid limit is 20.

#3 can also be done with the same cars as in #2. You just need to find a bunch of like minded players who are willing to respect the rules and the BoP, as you wouldn't be able to automatically enforce BoP in a multiclass race. Lobby limit online is 16.

Interesting to know. Thanks for the info @JayOTT. :) The low limit for the number of people in an online lobby is somewhat disappointing... but at the same time, who knows what the console is capable of maintaining, and how many people you could actually interest in a league like this. Anyway, much food for thought.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.