AMS2 GT4 Round Two @ Jerez 1988, Tuesday 28th February 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
A reminder that there is a mandatory pitstop in tonight's race.

If you intend to change tyres, then be sure to select All & Compound in the pit strategy setting.

20230224195150_1.jpg

Last edited:
Is that similar to the contact you had last week which you were presumably also unaware of before even getting to the first corner ?
Mate i was a second quicker per lap, why would i take a risk in the first corner? Cutting the track at the start happens all the time, just not go for a gap that's not there.

Okay let's cool it in the forums.
I've watched the replay from various angles and it's a racing incident. Car 2 has a run on car 1 off the start and is pulling alongside and marginally ahead. At the same time, Car 1 has been drifitng across to the left ( the racing line) from pole on the right and doesn't seem to know that car 2 is already there and fails to provide enough racing room. That's it in a nutshell. Two fast guys going for the same piece of road from the race start.
Everyone needs to be really careful on the starts and to provide racing room even if it means backing out of the challenge. Next week will be scrutinised for what I consider to be aggressive or non-respectful driving, especially at the start. This is, once again, a Casual Club Race and NOT a championship despite the apperarance of points and rankings. let's just keep it fun and respectful.
Cheers, Daniel.

I have seen the replay pictures but i can tell you that is not what i saw. The whole race i had problems with drivers PING. Suddenly some would drive in front or next to me. I think this accident was largely to blame on the connection.

I agree on the bad connection. I saw ghosts standing on the track but also car flying high in the air... Didn't bothered me to much, but connection was for sure not ideal.

Ghost cars are a result of a car not completeing the race and on retirement, they somehow leave a trace on track. It's a known bug. This is why we try and minimise all MP issues by: using cable connections, turning off or making player-only pitcrews, staying in daylight and trying to keep to one weather pattern. all these help with the sometimes wonky MP in AMS2. Fixes, hopefully are coming in the next update.

Had a fun race, and am sad to read about the first corner ' incident' / mistake or how ever you want to call it. I'm here for fun/ a casual evening of sharing our racing hobby. Let's keep it at that and have a go next monday as we normally do. Just be cautious :cool:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%