grip between sessions

Hi all,
I'm back to sim racing (and AMS2 specifically) after a long hiatus. I'm having an issue withthe sim. It happened on ohter occasions, but I'll describe my latest experience:
I've been trying to do a 25 min race with the F3 at Montreal. I've set the AI stranght to 105 and managed to outrun them in pratice and also do pole in the quali, without much struggle. The car feels planted, predictable and with enough grip.
The problem comes when I jump to the race. The car feeld very different, with much less grip and I start to go either down in the field or end up crashing, since I get frustrated and go over the ( new) limit. AI pace seems to be similar to what they had in pratice or quali.

What's causing this?

The setup is exactly the same, the only difference being some extra fuel to be able to race for 25 min straight.
Weather is basically the same for the whole weekend. The track is set to default progressing so it's should have more grip at race start.

Thanks in advance

In the race settings do you have the track grip set to progressive from the practice and quali session?
Race track grip could be set to green or low rubbering.

Tho, I will admit I've experienced this myself over the yrs.

Things that could also factor a change is a track temp difference between sessions cooler or hotter could reduce grip.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I've been absent from simracing lately.
I did try a race weekend with fix track conditons ( medium rubber) and didn´t experience the same issue.
I guess It's a matter of testing other settings to find out if it's a feature ( different track temprature for example, as said above) or a bug.

Thanks for the feedback.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea